dudevillaisnice

Just saying, I wasn't making a point at all. I just think we have more strength in depth than people give us credit for.

I think the first few games of the season proved completely the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Everton. My opinion isn't really based on the merits of your club. It's based on the fact that we really are in a league of our own this season.

Everton are probably favourites for 6th.

I thought they'd win today, I was just thinking this morning that in just over a weeks time, Everton could be fourth with us fifth and Arsenal sixth.

The fixtures are definitely favouring both of us over Arsenal, and I think if we can both get ahead of them, we might me a gooner meltdown.

• Like 1

Posts deleted. You know why.

I was making a valid point, excuses are worthless vermin in life.

Why delete the posts?????

I'm disappointed, I thought you'd understand the point being made more so then anyone else as a fellow lefty and all...

Just saying, I wasn't making a point at all. I just think we have more strength in depth than people give us credit for.

I think the first few games of the season proved completely the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Everton. My opinion isn't really based on the merits of your club. It's based on the fact that we really are in a league of our own this season.

Everton are probably favourites for 6th.

I'd love to agree. But if we were "in a league of our own" we wouldn't lose games like Stoke, Newcastle and Middlesbrough. One Emirates swallow doesn't make a summer. There's still a lot of football to be played, and Everton WILL be in the mix.

That said, they were poor today.

everton are what you see a money tight club doing very well under an excellent manager who can spot bargains liek Jagelika, Arteta and yobo

said it before but everton are the closest to us in many ways it is a shame they can not compete on the same playing lievel in terms of money

Why is it a shame?

because I would for example rather compete with everton rather than say Man Citeh or Newky or spuds

I respect everton as a club as stated before and would them to be up with us in the top 4 knocking out the nouveau riche of Chelsea for example

I believe that in terms of quality and depth, confidence and momentum, were streaks ahead.

Just spoke to a friend of mine, he is a Chelsea fan, so neutral (yes he was a fan before they were good!) he says at full strength Everton have more quality and depth, but at the moment Villa are miles ahead in confidence and momentum. From a neutral ;)

Just a couple points, where would you say that 'quality and depth' comes from compared to Villa, that isn't a wind-up, i'm just intrigued (lazy and cant be bothered researching the squad :P). I wouldn't have said we had much momentum going into the Arsenal game either. Agree with the confidence part though if it was classed as the general feeling about the club.

How many of the Everton team would get into our squad of 18?

Howard

arteta

Jagelika

yobo

some woudl say Lescott but I think he is shit

Cahill

Osman

Yakubu

so quite a few

pushing it with Osman lol, just a Gardner except more experience and opportunity to play.

Everton will be fighting us for fifth come the end of the season, I have no doubts about it.

I agree with Ian that they are similar to us in many ways, and if anyone was to break the top 4 other than us I'd rather it be them.

Howard

arteta

Jagelika

yobo

Cahill

Osman

Yakubu

so quite a few

pushing it with Osman lol, just a Gardner except more experience and opportunity to play.

maybe not Gardner is part of our 18 so surely Osman woudl be

we should have gone for Jagelika though, would have been perfect for us

Howard

arteta

Jagelika

yobo

Cahill

Osman

Yakubu

so quite a few

maybe not Gardner is part of our 18 so surely Osman woudl be

we should have gone for Jagelika though, would have been perfect for us

Personally, i'd take our Craig over Osman, but I see where you're coming from. Do you mean Jagielka would be perfect for us now, or when he was availible?

Â