dudevillaisnice

Well Saha is one of the most injury prone players in the league so no surprise for him. Vaughan and Cahill always tend to pick up at least one bad injury a season.

Losing Yakubu and now Arteta is very unlucky though.

Around this time last year, we lost Davies for the season.

Vaughan is just weird, ruptured artery, dislocated shoulders, floating bone in the knee, torn cartilage/meniscus in the knee. Poor lad is still only 20.

Fingers crossed Cahill's been alright this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, what have Everton done to upset you now rogers?

Thought it was Liverpool and Spurs that had your ire.

Another 0-0 away from home for Everton, would be o.k but Goodison but games like yesterday are really where they miss Arteta and will stop them challenging us.

Will have to check the odds on a 0-0 at VP in a month's time!

I love it when people write us off and dont think we will challenge them :) We're not under any real pressure now, particularly with having the teams below us still to play at home, so we will just keep plodding along. Top 6 after our start, our injuries etc, is amazing for us, hopefully we get it.

Top 6 would be a fantastic achievement given the injuries you've had AG. If Villa had suffered the same we'd be midtable.

Arteta looks as if he's being miss though AG. Cahill is a workhorse, but he's not much of a creator for others, don't you think?

Top 6 would be a fantastic achievement given the injuries you've had AG. If Villa had suffered the same we'd be midtable.

Sorry to go OT a bit, but Bouma, Laursen, Carew, Reo-Coker, Cuellar..they've all had lengthy layoffs. We've hardly had a full squad to chose from at any point this season. What we've done is just as fantastic really, given that we played 10 or so games in Europe as well.

That said, I was saying months ago that Everton are still in the race, or at least could still finish above us. If they win at VP, they will finish above us I reckon.

Pleased with the Everton result last night as I see them as a threat. Hopefully we spend big in the summer, I wouldn't mind Spurs or Citeh having a decent season next year (just below us) as it would push Everton further down and make them struggle, while poorly run clubs like Citeh and Spurs are going to fail every so often anyway.

Not all you strikers at once for over 2 months (1 out for 3 months, 1 for 6, and 1 for 9-now the only other out for the season), not with losing your one player who would be likely to get you 20 goals in a season, not your most influential midfielder, and provider of goals, for 6 months...You've still had cover for them, whether you've played them or not (shorey!). They may be first teamers for you, but they dont all play in the same positionand so they were covered. We've had to throw kids in.

Eh, what have Everton done to upset you now rogers?

Thought it was Liverpool and Spurs that had your ire.

I don't hate Everton at all, they are just too close for comfort, and it's Mr Rogers to you.

, not with losing your one player who would be likely to get you 20 goals in a seasos in.

Carews been out for bloody ages!

I'll admit offensively you've been hurt alot, but at the back you've been fine all season long. We've just had our injuries more dotted around. Admittedly we've kept Ashley and Barry injury free which is important!

I don`t believe John Carew has got near 20 goals a season ;) He was out for what 3 months with his back injury? You still had sufficient cover, and as you say yourself, your injuries were dotted around the pitch.

I don`t believe John Carew has got near 20 goals a season ;) He was out for what 3 months with his back injury? You still had sufficient cover, and as you say yourself, your injuries were dotted around the pitch.

10 goals in 16 starts for Carew this season.

Considering we've played 45 games, I'd say you're wide of the mark to say Carew doesn't have it in him to get 20 goals in a season.

"Sufficient cover"? Not quite. He's the only big man in the squad, and we only had 1 other striker at the club who'd started a league game that season..

One Marlon Harewood with no confidence and one 17 year old. Not the best cover really.

You still had Gabby aswell and Harewood and Delfouneso, no matter how bad/young they are. We had quite simply, had noone other than kids who really aren't good enough, hence Cahill and Fellaini filling in. Carew hasn't got 20 goals in a season in his career, whilst Yak has done on a fair few occasions now. That was my point...nowhere did I say he didn't have it in him.

Carew hasn't got 20 goals in a season in his career, whilst Yak has done on a fair few occasions now..

Has he? I can't remember him getting 20 in a season "on a fair few occasions", certainly not in the league. I don't think his league total's ever got near 20. He is notorious for having a terrible second half to his seasons.

IMO missing Yakubu from New Year on is barely a disadvantage at all.

Carew hasn't got 20 goals in a season in his career, whilst Yak has done on a fair few occasions now..
Has he? I can't remember him getting 20 in a season "on a fair few occasions", certainly not in the league. I don't think his league total's ever got near 20. He is notorious for having a terrible second half to his seasons. IMO missing Yakubu from New Year on is barely a disadvantage at all.
He did with us last year, I'm sure he did with Boro or got close, and I'm fairly certain he did with Pompey. Yeah, he may well have had that reputation but he still put some away near the end of last season..Where did I say league? I dont recall saying that at all. Talk about words in peoples mouths...

Â