dudevillaisnice

His header that hit the crossbar was actually going over until Friedel got a hand to it too

Sorry Bicks but no it wasn't

It was, Freidel completely changes the balls trajectory, where the ball went up slightly but dropped much quicker than it would have done if he hadn't touched it. In essence it doesn't matter, it didn't go in. Neither did his header that Carlos cleared either. Its all a bit like saying Gareth Barry should've had a hat trick against fulham

Fair enough. I did think that at first but after seeing it again on MOTD I think the ball was definitely headed downwards by Fellainin and Friedel tipped it upwards onto the bar. but as you said it doesn't matter.

Also, that header that Carlos cleared. The commentator said "Friedel was beaten" I really don't think he was. Watch it again and Friedel sees Cuellar there and leaves it for him. i think Friedel would have gotten to that quite comfortably had Cuellar not been there.

Just watched it again in slo mo from a couple of angles, neither of us was right, the ball stays on the same path except Freidel may have deflected it sideways, it still woldn't have gone in though

Sidwell didn't get a yellow for all his fouls, no? and Barry for all his back chat, no? I'd be pretty angry if Fellaini had got sent off and neither of them got a booking.

the ref was utterly inept

his idea of advantage was bizarre to say the least

his idea of what constituted a yellow card was daft with no consistency at all. There was no way luke Youngs card was a card, there were far far far worse fouls in that game and far far more cynical ones that went uncarded.

he refusal to even contemplate over ruling his assistants even though they were three times the distance away from the incidents than he was was bordering on the stupid. I think there was a succesion of three or four line calls that the wrong team got the throw / kick in a row and every time the ref was loser than the assistant and it was obvious the call was wrong

the ref got backchat from both sides because he was so inept and lacked any consistency in his decisions, he would call very similar incidents differently they never knew where they stood with him

simply a very bad ref, he also let the crowd make decisions for him at times

That perfectly sums up what I felt about the ref. He was awful & so easily swayed by the Everton fans.

Trust us AG he gave you loads, he gave you corners that were clearly goal kicks, he gave you throw ins that were clearly ours (and before you blame the assistants they were miles away on all of them, the ref was staring right at the incidents with a clear view, he is supposed to over rule his assistants but clearly refused to do so), he blew for fouls that weren't, he ignored fouls that were fouls and no advantage had accrued (then spoke to the offending players later!) But the thing was he did it for both sides.

Where it all started to go wrong for him was the penalty decision, he was doing ok-ish until that point. But after that he's get swayed by the crowd getting on his back, then he'd think, "I made a mistake there" and he'd try and even it up by not giving something else. The cycle just continued from there. Just a useless inept performance, not biased but the crowd did sway him and then he kept trying to even things up after each bad decision, he just compounded his errors all the time

Just want to check. Did Andy van der Meyde make an appearance at some point yesterday?

Yep a sign of desperation for players who have kicked a ball in anger, Everton are rather short of players. On their bench yesterday I'd only heard of three players, Andy Van der Alcopop, Carlo Nash and Leighton Baines

The ref did actually miss the most blatant handball you will ever see though, must have realised though because he gave a free kick about 20 seconds later for a clean tackle on Lescott. He was fookin joke that ref. I hated him before this game but now he has rubberstamped it, can't believe he has represented England in Europe!

The ref did actually miss the most blatant handball you will ever see though, must have realised though because he gave a free kick about 20 seconds later for a clean tackle on Lescott. He was fookin joke that ref. I hated him before this game but now he has rubberstamped it, can't believe he has represented England in Europe!

yes, exactly what I meant about the crowd getting to him and then he tried to even things up

One point....a lunge on Petrov just after Friedel made that save in the first half that resulted in Young not controlling and it going out for a throw in...remember it? No foul on Petrov? Why? He was tripped

No, don't remember but then again I'm trying to block out the day as whole if I'm honest.

Â