dudevillaisnice

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Townsend is official 

On one hand it's a free transfer but on the other hand they are probably paying him ridiculous wages. 

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At least they've had the sense to only put him on a 2 year deal 

Probably about 5m in wages and a fat signing on fee.

If it was us I'd be fuming if it was pay as you play.

The type of signing on here all the earlier pages are "decent free" "adds depth" "low risk signing"

Except after 6 months you realise they are utter shite and draining 45 bags a week from the club and they stop even coming off the bench as they have no impact and the fans are on their back and they are winding down their career.

It's a terrible signing 

Edited by rodders0223

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Kind of says it all that Palace didn't re-sign him given their shortage of senior players. Can't see what he'd add to Everton, even if their current wide options are abysmal.

I thought Palace were trying to get him to re-sign, but maybe that effort ground to a halt when Viera arrived, or maybe Everton was just a better deal. 

14 hours ago, Strog said:

Everton going down the route of safe and predictable signings. I can’t imagine they will progress next season..

I dont get why any top half Premier League team would want to sign Townsend.  Its a bit like the Walcott signing except Walcott was better 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I dont get why any top half Premier League team would want to sign Townsend.  Its a bit like the Walcott signing except Walcott was better 

Maybe it's that glorious Kid 'n Play hair do? He's been transformed since he got those hair implants.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I suspect the fact that Townsend was signed on free was the appealing factor….

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The headline should read "Liverpool docks no longer enough of a desolate shithole to be on the Unesco list".

Blessing in disguise, I think.

Haha. I've never been entirely sure they were really a World Heritage site anyway to be honest. Important, yes, a conservation area perhaps, but to be the equal of the pyramids? Or the Great Wall of China?

Â