dudevillaisnice

Looks like Ancelotti is fed up with Pickford. Sweden #1 Robin Olsen is apparently joining on a season long loan from Roma.

He also has a few mistakes in him but should offer competition at least.

I have met Everton fans here in Oz, and overall I would say they are a decent bunch. None of this tribalism BS, just good chats about football. I think they might see a bit of them in us, and vice versa. 

I wish them well and hope they have a good season.

On 04/10/2020 at 08:25, villalad21 said:

You are completely deluded if you think Smith is on the same level to Bielsa and Ancelotti.

You've got weird opinions that i think are silly, but nevertheless you are entitled to your opinion.

this has aged well since Sunday morning 

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The plans for the new stadium look amazing. What a site to have a ground!

Yes it looks fantastic unless the government refuse it on the grounds of Historic England objections.

Goodison is a historic old ground but having visited it it is understandable why they have wanted to move from over 20 years. Restricted views and no room for redevelopment but it was start of the art venue when originally built.

I wonder if Liverpool fans think they have missed a trick in not moving and instead expanding Anfield?

In the case of Villa it is sadly yet another club who will be moving to  a larger venue   than Villa Park. In the past 20 odd years that is  Man City, Arsenal, West Ham,  and Spurs.  Before that Newcastle and Chelsea expanded their grounds above Villa's capacity. In the same period the only thing has change basically at Villa is the North Stand getting more tatty.

59 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes it looks fantastic unless the government refuse it on the grounds of Historic England objections.

Goodison is a historic old ground but having visited it it is understandable why they have wanted to move from over 20 years. Restricted views and no room for redevelopment but it was start of the art venue when originally built.

I wonder if Liverpool fans think they have missed a trick in not moving and instead expanding Anfield?

In the case of Villa it is sadly yet another club who will be moving to  a larger venue   than Villa Park. In the past 20 odd years that is  Man City, Arsenal, West Ham,  and Spurs.  Before that Newcastle and Chelsea expanded their grounds above Villa's capacity. In the same period the only thing has change basically at Villa is the North Stand getting more tatty.

Yes when you look at the location and we are stuck in a dump-hole like Witton

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes when you look at the location and we are stuck in a dump-hole like Witton

No different to half the league with Spurs and Arsenal moving an inch to the right in dodgy London suburbs.

I'd be as disengaged as West Ham fans if we ever moved out to soulless bowl at the NEC.

City centre development would be more interesting so perhaps could be convinced by that. Just wished there was real drive to get the North Stand done. Given how we're improving as team, consistantly get 40k in and the demand will only increase next season given how long it's been without viewing it live, getting the ball rolling once we'd stayed up with development plans would've been a nice move.

Instead we might have to go down to 35k if we're actually playing in europe as happened when the Trinity was getting rebuilt.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No different to half the league with Spurs and Arsenal moving an inch to the right in dodgy London suburbs.

I'd be as disengaged as West Ham fans if we ever moved out to soulless bowl at the NEC.

City centre development would be more interesting so perhaps could be convinced by that. Just wished there was real drive to get the North Stand done. Given how we're improving as team, consistantly get 40k in and the demand will only increase next season given how long it's been without viewing it live, getting the ball rolling once we'd stayed up with development plans would've been a nice move.

Instead we might have to go down to 35k if we're actually playing in europe as happened when the Trinity was getting rebuilt.

How do we know  the demand will be still there once unlimited numbers of fans are allowed back into grounds. 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How do we know  the demand will be still there once unlimited numbers of fans are allowed back into grounds. 

As long as it's shown to be safe they'll be 40k at VP at some point next season, first home game if that's allowed. Would be amazed if thousands didn't come back although of course accept the job situation will impact for plenty. When last recession was happening in late 2008 we pretty much had 40k crowds for the final 18 months of MON reign though so many fans always find a way to afford it.

If regulars don't come back then will just give more opportunity for likes of myself to get to more games as I only went to 3 in 19/20 due to the difficulty in getting tickets for the weekend games, didn't mind as actually prefer the midweek games for atmosphere and we always tended to play better in them.

Edited by VillaChris

Â