dudevillaisnice

Wow.. over half a million in wages every week and they are all mostly an aging croc of shite.

Interestingly.. they have listen Lookman at around £20m... and he will only be on peanuts wages if the above post is anything to go by.

I hope if we win promotion we make a move for him.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

not sure how accurate this is but bloody mind blowing waste of money. shows what we will be up against next season

I’d actually forgotten we had Bolasie with us earlier in the season! Not exactly missed was he?

What a wasteman ;) 

• 2 months later...

"Season ticket sales are down on last year, we've only added delph and we've sold our best youngster...what have you got for me?"

"Give a local lad the number 9 shirt"

"Release artist impressions of the new stadium"

"Put in an offer for zaha that's under the stated asking price"

That'll do pig, that'll do

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:21, Zatman said:

not sure how accurate this is but bloody mind blowing waste of money. shows what we will be up against next season

I'm not really shocked by those wages tbh. I actually thought Walcott would be on more than that. This is what the premier league now.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

New stadium in plans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49109807

Loos very interesting from the outside. I wonder if there will be an uproar from fans saying how historical Goodison Park is... 

Looks great from the outside, but once again the inside looks like every bowl stadium that has been built since the emirates

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Looks great from the outside, but once again the inside looks like every bowl stadium that has been built since the emirates

From the inside, is there anything that could be done that's different?

Maybe 1 separate stand and a U shaped rest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

New stadium in plans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49109807

Loos very interesting from the outside. I wonder if there will be an uproar from fans saying how historical Goodison Park is... 

Most fans I've seen online, albeit I haven't looked very hard have been in favour of this. I am sure it would be a different story if it was a super-stadium like Spurs got, but this new stadium for Everton looks like a traditional stadium built in 2019 with a modern design aesthetic.

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Most fans I've seen online, albeit I haven't looked very hard have been in favour of this. I am sure it would be a different story if it was a super-stadium like Spurs got, but this new stadium for Everton looks like a traditional stadium built in 2019 with a modern design aesthetic.

I think their fanbase is now just desperate for a new stadium and buy in to what they are doing, as if the stadium is the final piece of the puzzle and give them the boost they need to get going again

honestly not a clue if the demand is there to fill 52 - 62k seats (especially in the new area)

been said here a few times though the villa tour guide quite happily laughs when comparing the facilities of the trinity to the facilities at goodison, our 1 stand blows their entire stadium out of the water apparently 

41 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

From the inside, is there anything that could be done that's different?

Maybe 1 separate stand and a U shaped rest?

For people with U shaped arms?

Can see them struggling this year. 

Pretty ropey defence; Don't rate Mina, who they seemingly paid £30M for off the back of a World Cup performance, or Keane who has been gaffe prone whenever I've seen him. And they are their only two CBs I can think of, as no Zouma this year.

Midfield is decent, especially after adding Delph.

Attack is toothless bar Richarlison who is quality. 

And as posted above they have a load of dross on huge wages who they are going to struggle to get rid of. Last few weeks of the window are huge for them.

2 hours ago, penguin said:

Pretty ropey defence; Don't rate Mina, who they seemingly paid £30M for off the back of a World Cup performance, or Keane who has been gaffe prone whenever I've seen him. And they are their only two CBs I can think of, as no Zouma this year.

And as posted above they have a load of dross on huge wages who they are going to struggle to get rid of. Last few weeks of the window are huge for them.

The only thing I'd disagree with you there on is Michael Keane. He had a very good second half of last season, which earned him a recall to the England squad/line up. Keane is a good defender. We will struggle if we don't make the signings we need. If we do, we won't struggle. It's that simple really. Every Everton fan knows that and clearly fans like yourself do too. With the midfield and with Richarlison, we have the nucleus of a decent team. If we get the additions we need, we can hopefully challenge the top 6. We were certainly competitive when we played and beat the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd head to head.

Edited by Dixie

13 hours ago, penguin said:

Even if they stay as they are now, they'll still more likely be top half than bottom half IMO.

Yeah they have some overpaid players, but when you look at the starting XIs of a number of the PL clubs, they make Everton look incredible.

Villa4Europe seems very bitter about us, our new stadium has been roundly praised since details released as even the Kopites begrudgingly admit it. Its exterior is a blend of modern glass but also features brick work that blends in well with the local Dockland area to comply with UNESCO. Unlike other new stadiums who could be put in any city in any country - this one is developed specifically to the area/city/heritage which fans love. 

The stadium inside has deep stands, has a 13,000 home stand based on Dortmunds 'yellow wall' and has the ability to easily adapt to safe standing should legislation change - it can also be increased to 62k in future.

The stadium is also part of a 5 billion pound regeneration project including retail outlets, bars, a plaza, marina, office towers its going to look fantastic on the Liverpool Skyline lit up in Blue overlooking the Mersey. So Villa4Europe - dont worry about us mate I would be more concerned with your owners having sold your ground to themselves to try get around FFP - granted I dont know too much about the purchase but I would be very uneasy about no longer owning your own ground especially with these new breed of owner who care about nothing but the Premier League cash cow.

On transfers its the same every year - fans say we will be crap and the usual suspects like West Ham who do their business early are raved about and will do fantastic yet we always end up finishing above them. We finished 3 points behind wolves with a better GD and thats with having no decent striker whereas they had Jimenez and a settled team (we had a new DOF, manager, style of play and 6 new players to get adjusted/bedded in together).

This time last season we had only signed 1 player (Richarlison) yet come Deadline day we had signed a total of 6 - our DOF Marcel Brands always does his business late as he haggles for a good deal.

Considering  we've bid for Zaha and Kean, our front  4 could be come the windows closure:

Kean 

Richarlison   Siggurdsson    Zaha  

For me thats the best front 4 outside the top 6 - both Richarlison and Siggurdsson scored around 15 goals each last season - add a quality centre forward like Kean whos capable of getting around 15 and a player like Zaha who got 10 last season and seems to be developing into a real talent and imo we have a big chance this year of hopefully challenging Utd and Chelsea who are shakey at present.

Gueye will be a big miss for us and im gutted he's gone - but its not like we will be playing with 10 men - Silva is aiming for a replacement for him and I still think we'll sign Zouma - if not we'll definitely bring in a replacement.

Under Brands we are a completely different set up to the one that was wasting money under Koeman/Walsh who are responsible for alot of that list of garbage in that wage table.

Good luck anyway lads for the season, hopefully you stay up as always liked Villa you're a Proper Club.

Edited by EverBlue86
  • Like 2

Think Everton need to determine what way they want to go. Recent seasons they have had a bit of a scattergun approach. They signed big money players with potential or hitting prime but the senior players they signed were poor, Rooney was OK but clearly at the end but Williams and Schneiderlein were so dire

Not to mention giving Big Sam 50 million when they were always expected to sack him in the summer

Â