Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

Don't know what to think about this game now. On one hand Houllier going into hospital will disrupt the momentum we had going and I have no idea if Gary Mac will be up to the task of managing us for that game. On the other hand, I think it could also spur the team on to victory as they'll undoubtedly want to win for Gerard. Not to mention the atmosphere should be good as everyone will be united over this.

Oh yeah, and we still have to get revenge for the way we were cheated out of a point at their place.

Nightmare senario with Gary Mac at the helm for the run in. What if GH does resign at the end of the season and under Gary Mac we win the majority of our remaining games? Who would GH then recommend to take over?

Nightmare senario with Gary Mac at the helm for the run in. What if GH does resign at the end of the season and under Gary Mac we win the majority of our remaining games? Who would GH then recommend to take over?

We just tell The General that Houllier was taking heavy medication if he suggests Gmac.

He knows his job is already on the line.
Really?

To be honest I know very little about Gary Mac's ability. He always seems to have been rated far less than Houllier on here although we have no way of knowing what he's like as an assistant manager. As far as motivation goes he doesn't need to do anything. Tactics I'm a little worried about, but I expect he'll just keep things the same.

Are Stoke shit away from home?

I dont really like Pulis, he reminds me of the stubborn know it all manner of Martin O'Niell; shout at players rather than talk to them style of management.

Works for him i suppose.

I've not looked at their away record, any good?

They did ok away at Wembley mind.

What is there to dislike about Pulis, mg? I have a lot of respect for the man. Yeah, he may not play the prettiest football, but he keeps Stoke safe which is all he cares about. He's an old-school manager who doesn't take any crap from players and it works. Today footballers are all flash and bling. He's one of the old-schoolers and only a few are about these days.

Plus, anyone that shows up at halftime to motivate his side on the same day his mother passes away has some balls.