• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor (gor Heskey 78)

Heskey and Bent partnership never worked it seems? I never saw the game but interesting.. Was Bent's performance better with Heskey alongside him? (was it a great performance?)

Bent was fantastic. Heskey did nothing. Erm, except win the ball in their box which led to our equaliser after great work by the Young twins.

Quite astonishing how so many don't see what Heskey does. A bit sad really. More for them than him.

I agree Peter. Bent was brilliant IMO because Heskey was doing a lot of donkey work pulling defenders out of position and winning the ball in defence as well.

A word of caution. We haven't suddenly become a good side over night.

Over the last three games we have been aided by playing weakened teams and therefore for once, lady luck has shone on our club.

The signing of Bent has also made the difference between Premiership football next season and the drop but we need to add more of his type of quality to our squad in the summer if we don't want a repeat performance of this season.

I agree and disagree.

We haven't had much luck, Bent's had 2 perfectly good goals dissallowed!

Our attacking force should be scoring goals, that wasn't happening until recently. Our defence really needs sorting out.

did you see ash's celebration for gabbys goal. he was absolutely loving it

Not saying he won't leave, but he obviously **** loves this club.

Haven't seen many players show that passion for Villa.

...until he gets offered more money by another club.

Think you've missed my point.

He probably will leave to a better team for a lot more money and be very happy there.

None of that will change how much he clearly loves this club and has loved his time here, if you ask me.

Great result. Thought we were well below par first 20 minutes and barely won a header at the back. After we got to grips with their midfield and the three up front we pretty much battered them second half. Couldn't see much wrong with Bent's first header to be honest but oh well.

Young played very well and they could not cope with our wide play at all. Pretty much the best half I have seen under Houllier and the scoreline certainly flattered the spammers. Gabby again with the header, he has a habit of popping up in the big games.

Shaky first 15 minutes but from towards the end of the 1st half we totally took control and what a delight to watch we were, no messing about at the back and our forward play was superb, pace and precision. We looked like we were going to score pretty much everytime we attacked (WHU were shitting themselves) and 9 times out of 10 we had a shot or header at the end of it, so happy we got the winner we deserved. Credit has to go to GH, we were calling for Gabby to to be brought on as we could see that another injection of pace would kill the tiring WHU defence, and it was he who struck the fatal blow...

Ash MOTM, throwback to previous seasons, their defence was shit scared of him everytime he got the ball, they tried to double up on him but he was beating them for fun, in the end they had to resort to just hauling him down, his crossing was how it used to be, our biggest goal provider and they are delicious as they are inswinging usually and only need a touch to go in most of the time. I don't care what anybody else says he was the best player on the park yesterday (which was hard to achieve given the performances of Bent, Downing, Reo-Coker, Petrov and Luke Young) and is an outstanding footballer, how we will miss him if we goes...

buzz when we scored was unreal - such a massive release from all the shit we've had to endure this season. Grown men jumping over rows of seats and just going **** mental - people punching the air, banging chairs, walls and railings and people randomly screaming "**** YESSS" on the way out of the ground - not to mention all the chanting and bouncing up and down. I absolutely love it, just love it - it's what football's all about! :D

Glad to see I wasn't the only 'grown up' jumping over seats and going mental' Had an american guy behind us - came over for his first match I don't think he knew what hit him when Gabby scored.

Just said ' Hell that was good' :lol:

You can't beat a last minute winner absolutely brilliant

buzz when we scored was unreal - such a massive release from all the shit we've had to endure this season. Grown men jumping over rows of seats and just going **** mental - people punching the air, banging chairs, walls and railings and people randomly screaming "**** YESSS" on the way out of the ground - not to mention all the chanting and bouncing up and down. I absolutely love it, just love it - it's what football's all about! :D

Glad to see I wasn't the only 'grown up' jumping over seats and going mental' Had an american guy behind us - came over for his first match I don't think he knew what hit him when Gabby scored.

:lol:

Likewise I know an Ajax fan who had flown over to go to the game - he follows Villa and has been to quite a few games now. You should have seen him at the final whistle - think it was worth every penny of his air-fare anyway!

Brilliant!

First half was a bit so and so, but the 2nd half was very good with a brilliant ending. Finally we took the points in the dying minutes. When we couldn't score I feared that we once again should lose in the end, but they never really threatened us in the 2nd half, did they? I was buzzing and my friend saw me watch a Villa game for the first time. I don't think she really recognised me, and let's just say that she too was glad that we won. :D

Good result, well needed points and now I think we're all but safe. Next target should be Bolton. But will Stoke go on the confidence of their game against Bolton or will they suffer from it?

Haha i ended up the row infront when we scored, sporting some nice bruises for my troubles as well.

Like you say you just can't beat the feeling of a last minute winner, especially in such an important game. If you could bottle that feeling and sell it you'd be a very rich person!

:lol:

Likewise I know an Ajax fan who had flown over to go to the game - he follows Villa and has been to quite a few games now. You should have seen him at the final whistle - think it was worth every penny of his air-fare anyway!

Brilliant!

Behind me there were also 3 lads from the Basque country wearing Real Sociadad and Athletico Bilbao shirts and Villa scarfs! Complete with their Basque flag, I looked round to clock their reaction after the goals and they were loving it!

:D

Villaboy69........what kind of question is that??? No Villa fan who was there Saturday would swap that moment for any kind of romantic liason!! That explosion of sheer unadulterated ecstasy as Gabby's winner hit the net can never ever be compared to carnal pleasures.......it was far more orgasmic!!!! It made the 2 mile walk back to Canning Town Tube seem like a 5 minute skip!!!!

OK we've establish that the joy of Gabby's late winner was something to behold but just how great was it.

Would you swap Gabby's late winner for a night with lets say Cheryl Cole (or the women or man of your choice)?

Personally, I'd swap the European Cup for a night with Cheryl. :lol:

Â