Fernando Torres

maqroll

I've been saying it for a good 18 months now, he is finished. He's a crock and while there is still a quality player in there, he is regularly injured and burned out. Think Michael Owen.

I had an argument with a Liverpool fan last summer trying to convince him Torres was worth no more than 10m but he wouldn't have it. On the last 12 months form, would anyone a suggest he is worth more?

I'd have Gabby in the team over him any day of the week...

I've been saying it for a good 18 months now, he is finished. He's a crock and while there is still a quality player in there, he is regularly injured and burned out. Think Michael Owen.

I had an argument with a Liverpool fan last summer trying to convince him Torres was worth no more than 10m but he wouldn't have it. On the last 12 months form, would anyone a suggest he is worth more?

I'd have Gabby in the team over him any day of the week...

Liverpool made out like thieves.... 8)

I find it sad to see Torres like this. He was the best striker in the world when at Liverpool IMO and someone i always loved to watch. Hopefully, Hopefully he gets back to his best.

Really? I dont even think he was the best striker in the Spanish national side at that time.

villa hasn't scored bucketloads in both the spanish and english leagues, torres has

Mainly cause Villa hasn't played here! Torres has scored 82 league goals for Athletico Madrid the only club he has played for in Spain whereas Villa has scored 108 league goals for Valencia alone plus his 107 for the other clubs he has played for.

villa hasn't scored bucketloads in both the spanish and english leagues, torres has

No, he's just comprehensively outscored Torres on the two criteria that they can both be judged on equally - in Spain and for Spain.

And as he was, is and always will be a better striker I'm pretty certain that if he came to England he'd do better as well.

Plus, if we're extrapolating the logic above, Ronaldo must be a better player than Messi, no?

Â