Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say it was lucky I'd say it was a result which was grinder out.
Exactly. At times our quality came through but the players were understandably really nervous. Now a lot of the pressure (not all by any means) has been lifted they should be able to express themselves more.

Oddly enough I think for once this being an away game could help us. West Ham are back in big trouble after looking like they might escape a few weeks ago. Being at home their players might be under a fair bit of pressure and therefore quick to make silly mistakes. Maybe that wont be the case, but I hope it will be.

Huge game for both teams. West Ham will surely be favourites. We outplayed them last time with the help of Jimmy.

All depends on our defence again; Ba and Cole seem to work well together, especially with Parker, who is their main driving force.

Its a must win for West Ham as they have Chelsea and Man City next so don't see them getting much out of that one.

Start well and the fans will be right behind them start badly and the pressure will grow and grow, we can go there and win no question as they aren't a good side. I still think it will end a draw which would be okay for us but not good enough for them.

Its a should win but most certainly a must not lose.

Time to drop Makoun as in his last 3 games he has been poor. Petrov was superb on Sunday and easily justifies keeping his place, Reo Coker has been consistant this season and should never of been dropped.

Therefore Reo Coker for Makoun, possibly Cuellar for Walker who defensively is getting increasingly suspect, and lets get delph on the bench in place of Pires who is a waste of space.

Should be a good day out with another superb following.

I can see us getting a draw, which to be honest I'd be happy enough with. This really is a massive game for them though and we'll need to be very much on our guard. I think we'll score against them, so it'll be down to whether we can keep them out.

Definitely need Carlos in the back 4. If West Ham go 4-3-3, it'll be either Ba or Cole vs right back, Carlos will be able to sort them out.

Also, we need a DM that can track Parker's runs, and that has his stamina. I'm all up for Petrov starting, but come the 70th min, if Petrov is still on, my faith will dimmer.

We should win this if we play well but I can't remember the last time we actually played well TBH. Score Draw.

What about Sunday?

Not to mention Blackburn and Bolton were only 2/3 games ago. Even Everton away second half especially we played well.

What? We've played 5 games since we played Blackburn and I've been to them all - shit against Man City, going forward played well against Bolton shit defensively and lost, shit against Wolves, OK against Everton and OK against Newcastle.

I'd be very happy with a point on this one. We're away from home and we're against a relegation rival. Saying that surely we are going to batter someone away from home at some point this season. As it's unlikely to be Arsenal hopefully we can either win convinvingly tomorrow or at West Brom.

I fancy us in this one. West Ham should certainly be up for it but if we can score early we can knock the bollocks out of them.

So long as Reo Coker comes in for Makoun, we go 4-4-2 and with a positive attitude I'm going 3-1 Villa.