• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Makoun 67)
    • Cuéllar (for Walker 78)
    • Pirès (for Agbonlahor 86)

Played poorly we should have won 3 or 4-0 Newcastle didn't look arsed in the 2nd half. We defended a bit better than usual but look nervy all over the pitch. Downing MON for his little Ronaldo cross-step in the 1st half. Kudos to Friedel for the two saves. Gabby a little bit more involved than usual but still wasteful. Young poor by his standards.

Brad motm for them 2 saves alone. I tought petrov played as a captian today. His legs went after 70 odd but he played well. Downing was good too as was Luke Young. Big win. Win next week and we are all but safe IMO.

Not defending him but GH gotbit all right today down to the subs.

Also felt sky was harsh on us thought it was a professional job well done.

UTV

I dont understand why Houllier doesn't use Albrighton anymore. Other than that, good 3 points won. One more win and i'd say we are 100% safe.
You don't bring Albrighton on when you're trying to hold a lead. He's a great player but like Walker makes too many stupid mistakes than can cost you points.

Really pleased with the result. Thought the refereeing was shit and we should have had a penalty plus Bent's goal was arguably onside. I think the lads looked nervous because of the pressure of this game.

UTV.

Great result, 1-0 flattered Newcastle really but was still nervous for the last 5.

I've seen enough today to not be worried about relegation, but we need to start being more consistent or we will get sucked right back in!

newcastle had a good first 10 and last five, during which we were all over the place and brad had to be sharp. outside of that i thought we were the better team, and if not for some shit officiating we would have won more easy

a more team spirited display and it resulted in a win

no one was outstanding, i was suprised makoun was brought off for NRC though, i though petrov would be the one to give way, he looked shattered.

also suprised pires got in instead of alby, im sure alby would have done more to stretch them and also keep them on the back foot as he is far faster than pires.

several things should have been better however a win is 3 points, the same amount newcastle got for bum raping us by 6 goals so dont really care too much

a big note. the ref was **** terrible today, i really mean proper terrible. a clear penalty, a goal disallowed, several corners not given and lots of challenges where newcastle players were just given a little talking to by the ref.

oh and good on petrov who i though didnt have a great game, for taking out that tw@ barton after the ref again didnt award a foul

well done boys, we need 3 more wins to be safe

Just coming out of the ground. Cracking three points. The tension around the stadium was evident all second half; infact, the whole match and rightly so.

Unconvincing performance but three points is three points. 5 Points clear of the drop. Lets kick on now.

Downing and Agbonlahor seemed the only players willing to try and make something happen. Very pedestrian at times, but finally we have kept a clean sheet. Good lads.

I dont understand why Houllier doesn't use Albrighton anymore. Other than that, good 3 points won. One more win and i'd say we are 100% safe.

I think the young players make too many mistakes in the situation we are in now.

We can't use players who make silly penalties, free kicks and give the ball away when we are in a relegation battle.

Â