• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Reo-Coker (for Makoun 67)
    • Cuéllar (for Walker 78)
    • Pirès (for Agbonlahor 86)

Petrov quality today imo. Loved the hand in Barton's face from him.

Did anyone see anything regarding the scarves? I saw a lot of people had them in the crowd.

What about the anthem? Hears the bells at start, ht and end.

Anyway, great result for us! Closer to 9th than 17th haha! UTV!

Needs to be noted, the ref had a shocker.

Pen not given.

Save from Ash, corner not given.

Ball off players leg from Luke, Corner not given.

Plus other things forgotten.

AND we hit the stanchion and he didn't award us a goal. Shocker from Atwell.

A- **** -men.

Petrov was fantastic IMO, he does tire after an hour but hes still a great player, Villa through and through.

Makoun & Downing good too, wasn't overly impressed with Walker and our defence was rocky as fook 1st half although settled a bit more in the 2nd half.

3 points sooooooo goooood though!

another win and a draw & i think we are safe.

Up the Fooking Villa!!! :D

Happy for the points, still not good enough imo, though I would reckon that to be one of Houllier's better showings of his tenure.

Downing MOTM for me, involved in pretty much everything good we did and everywhere at times, followed closely by Petrov who was back to his best running mdfield and putting the myth about his stamina and his passing well and truly to bed (again).

Friedel, Petrov, Young and Downing were our best I reckon. Collins looked shaky in the first half, but got the winner and a clean sheet so can't really complain.

Thought we were the better team for most the game, outside of injury time they didn't do an awful lot Deserved win and a huge 3 points + clean sheet!

Shame we, yet again, get a complete bollocks ref.

No, not a brilliant performance but quite similar to Chelsea's win over Wigan yesterday.

I gave Collins MOTM, for his goal and for being a brikwall for 90 minutes - only really troubles when Kuki came on and covered Walker's arse all day.

Almost gave it to Petrov or Dunne, largely because they bashed the shit out of the most detestable man on the planet.

Walker's confidence is shot IMO - time to give him a rest and let Carlos play a few at RB.

In the end we could have made it 3 or 4-0 but shit reffing and too many over-hit crosses screwed us over. Not quite the revenge over Newcastle we all wanted but enough to be able to say that 6-0 defeat was atoned for.

Special mention to Luke Young - thought he was very good both going forward and in defence.

Â