Scientific Experiment V3#05-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager these past two (and a bit) months?

• Oui
    • Non

And I wondered how we'd have done if Young hadn't taken a piss poor penalty against Bolton. We'd have won that game and I think we would've won the next one too with a lot higher confidence.

that was my reasoning for Bolton as well, we played well and would have won if Young didn't insist on taking the penalty rather than giving it to Bent.

There is not a team in the country that won't have what if tales. Its only the teams that are struggling that tend to focus on them though.

And I wondered how we'd have done if Young hadn't taken a piss poor penalty against Bolton. We'd have won that game and I think we would've won the next one too with a lot higher confidence.

that was my reasoning for Bolton as well, we played well and would have won if Young didn't insist on taking the penalty rather than giving it to Bent.

You see that as Ash's fault? I always thought it was customary for a manager to issue instructions re penalty taking, if he hasn't he should, all the others do. That one still falls at the managers feet especially as Ash has hardly been Mr Reliable from the penalty spot this season

You see that as Ash's fault? I always thought it was customary for a manager to issue instructions re penalty taking, if he hasn't he should, all the others do. That one still falls at the managers feet especially as Ash has hardly been Mr Reliable from the penalty spot this season

Maybe MON had left instructions that Ash was to take penalties & H decided not to change it until the summer?

Maybe MON had left instructions that Ash was to take penalties & GH decided not to change it until the summer?

:mrgreen: because he didn't have the time?

Well he has been sorting out the defence......oh hang on a minute...

Even when Young missed the penalty against Bolton, we were still winning. All we had to do is hold on the lead. We allowed 2 goals to go in the last 15 minutes. We deserved to lose. There's simply no excuse for it.

These 'what ifs' are becoming extremely annoying. A 'what if' would have seen us lose against City with all the bad luck they had. Funny how no mentions that.

Â