Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Young should play - he remains our best player - we'd be cutting off our nose to spite our face by dropping him. He's our top scorer this season, and he's made eight assists in the league - I really don't see where this recent hatred of him seems to come from - I guess it's the contract thing. I think he probably is better on the wing, but I'm happy enough with him down the middle.

I'm hoping Bent will be up for this one against his old enemy - I think he'll score.

Regardless of any previous events, playing 4411 at home to a side who we should be looking to beat is fairly negative.

Completely disagree with this. We need a link between the CM'ers and Bent. Playing Gab and Bent up top leaves a huge gap between them and the two sitting midfielders. I would rather see that player being Delph than Ash as I think this gives is more solidity in CM but allows Ash and DJ out wide more freedom to get forward and in and around Bent. A proper 4-5-1/4-3-3 for me please.

do you not think it's a bit negative though, especially as newcastle are a poor/ average side? i think we need as many goalscorers on the pitch especially at home

I think, as many have said, it depends how you play. But I think having three CM'ers can make you much more attacking because:

- you have got more chance of winning the ball back with three CM'ers and you can't attack without the ball

- having three CM'ers means the two wide players are free to push further forward and also drift in around the striker as Ash and Rooney did for the first 60 against Ghana

- the third CM'er has the freedom to burst forward and join the striker

- the full backs should have more freedom to go on the overlap when attacking knowing that there are two sitting midfielders.

Very few top sides play 4-4-2: Barca and RM both play a fluid 4-3-3, Arsenal do, Man U do most of the time, Chelski and Citeh certainly do and even Redknob now plays it most of the time.

I think you need to have a very strong CM to play 4-4-2 nowadays - Petit and Viera spring to mind - but also a striker that is capable of sitting a bit deeper and linking. We don't have either of these IMO.

I think this is the game where the fans need to remain as positive and supportive as possible no matter what is happening on the pitch. If we get off to a bad start and the fans turn on Houliier the atmosphere will become poisonous very quickly and we'll be well and truly ****.

Let's get behind them whether you think they deserve it or not!

The realist in me tells me that the away games are all going to be hard to get points out of. That makes me believe that the home games are vitally important to our survival. The Liverpool game is one we want to go into in a safe position so that leaves us needing a lot of points from the other 3. Stoke will come here fighting and will most likely get a point so for me, we have to win against Wigan and Newcastle.

The fact that we will be full strength and they have a few injuries (to their better players) means that I won't be happy with anything other than a win.

I want us to go out with a positive mindset for this game and looking to go for goals, so my team would be:

--------------------Friedel-----------------

Walker----Cuellar----Dunne----L Young

-------------------Petrov------------------

-------------Delph-----Makoun-----------

Downing----------Bent----------A Young

I think it's time we had our leader back. I know he isn't the greatest in the world but he is the leader of the club and I think they've lacked a bit of this on the pitch just lately. I want to see him getting the ball off the back four and giving it to Makoun to drive the team forward with Delph adding the younger legs and energy in there.

I am looking forward to a win tomorrow. I will go for a 3-0 Villa victory :flag:

We should and really need to win this.

I have a bad feeling though and it's mainly down to the amount of satsifaction and abuse (very funny at the time) we gave Newcastle 2 years ago when we relegated them. The boot is now very squarely on the other foot and they won't have forgotten and will really want to stick the knife in. Hopefully not but sometimes karma is a b*tch.

Yeah, wouldn't be the worst thing. Petrov and Makoun can get the passing going, Delph can bomb around like a hero. It's going to click for him sooner or later. He has so much talent, he just needs to learn the right times to take his man on or lay it easy.

I am looking forward to a win tomorrow. I will go for a 3-0 Villa victory

I so,so hope tis happens!!

*Edit* 'This' not tis!!

I had a dream we won 3-0, unfortunately all the scorers were players from my AFC Telford Fm game lol.

I am looking forward to a win tomorrow. I will go for a 3-0 Villa victory

I so,so hope tis happens!!

*Edit* 'This' not tis!!

I had a dream we won 3-0, unfortunately all the scorers were players from my AFC Telford Fm game lol.

I had a dream that Samantha Janus was my GP, i hope we're both right!

for once, results have gone our way, apart from wanting a draw for sunderland/west brom it was perfect.

now all we need tomorrow is a win for us, and i dont care how we get it

and a hammering for blackpool

then we should be that little bit closer to safety and also keeping in touch with the teams on or around 38/39 points.