Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

we should win this game, particularly with all the injuries newcastle have got,

Just like we should have beaten Everton as they had far more important players out last week.. We were lucky to get a draw with the chances Everton had. I just find it impossible to be positive about this one, good job I am miles away and can't bring my negativity down to VP.

Just like we should have beaten Everton as they had far more important players out last week.. We were lucky to get a draw with the chances Everton had. I just find it impossible to be positive about this one, good job I am miles away and can't bring my negativity down to VP.

I don't think we should have beaten Everton. They were at home and even with their injuries still had a good squad. Everton's squad is far better than Newcastle's.

We definitely should win on Sunday though.

Can see this being a draw. According to reports Houllier might go back to 4-4-1-1.

Always a good idea to change an improving side. :bang:

You think drawing 2-2 with an under strength Everton side is us improving?

I think Ashley outwide in that game was kinda useless apart from setting up Bents goal he didn't do much else that I can remember....To be honest I don't care what formation he goes with as long as we win the game, if he doesn't then moan about who he played where.

an away draw against a better side than the side we lost to at home the week before would have been quite clearly 'improving'.

A side that had several key BIG first team players out? I expected a win and if the team would have started the first half like they did the second I think we would have won...Sadly we didn't.

Can see this being a draw. According to reports Houllier might go back to 4-4-1-1.

Always a good idea to change an improving side. :bang:

You think drawing 2-2 with an under strength Everton side is us improving?

I think Ashley outwide in that game was kinda useless apart from setting up Bents goal he didn't do much else that I can remember....To be honest I don't care what formation he goes with as long as we win the game, if he doesn't then moan about who he played where.

When it follows an abject home defeat to Wolves, then I think it can be considered a reasonable improvement.

That said, I didnt see much of the Everton game, though on the face of it, it seemed like a good result.

Regardless of any previous events, playing 4411 at home to a side who we should be looking to beat is fairly negative.

I think the reason Young didn't do much against Everton is because he couldn't care less and probably felt like throwing his dummy out. After all, he appears to see himself as good enough to play in the hole when 90% of the time he isn't. My solution would be to go 4-4-2 and drop Young. Bring Albrighton onto the right and Downing on the left. Tell Young he can either play on the wing or not play at all. He should be able (and willing) to shape his game to the team, not the other way...

we battered everton in the 2nd half, we played great football at times, i'll be amazed if we don't beat newcastle

I think the reason Young didn't do much against Everton is because he couldn't care less and probably felt like throwing his dummy out. After all, he appears to see himself as good enough to play in the hole when 90% of the time he isn't. My solution would be to go 4-4-2 and drop Young. Bring Albrighton onto the right and Downing on the left. Tell Young he can either play on the wing or not play at all. He should be able (and willing) to shape his game to the team, not the other way...

Here **** here. Drop Young.

Regardless of any previous events, playing 4411 at home to a side who we should be looking to beat is fairly negative.

Completely disagree with this. We need a link between the CM'ers and Bent. Playing Gab and Bent up top leaves a huge gap between them and the two sitting midfielders. I would rather see that player being Delph than Ash as I think this gives is more solidity in CM but allows Ash and DJ out wide more freedom to get forward and in and around Bent. A proper 4-5-1/4-3-3 for me please.

Completely disagree with this. We need a link between the CM'ers and Bent. Playing Gab and Bent up top leaves a huge gap between them and the two sitting midfielders. I would rather see that player being Delph than Ash as I think this gives is more solidity in CM but allows Ash and DJ out wide more freedom to get forward and in and around Bent. A proper 4-5-1/4-3-3 for me please.

do you not think it's a bit negative though, especially as newcastle are a poor/ average side? i think we need as many goalscorers on the pitch especially at home

Here **** here. Drop Young.

I'd go along with this, at this stage GH should be doing his best to keep the club in the league, not doing his best to keep some money hungry bastard happy. If he's not happy on the wing then **** him i don't think any other team will buy him to play second striker anyway. back on topic, i'm going for a 3-1 win for us. Bent 2 and 1 for Downing..

do you not think it's a bit negative though, especially as newcastle are a poor/ average side? i think we need as many goalscorers on the pitch especially at home

When its labelled 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 its negative. When its labelled 4-3-3 its very attacking. Depends which way the game goes.

Can guarantee if we played Delph there instead of Ash and we won, guarantee the media would say something about Houllier stealing capello's 4-3-3 tactic. If we played Delph there and we lost, the media would say Houllier played a very negative 4-5-1.