Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

They are up for this big time. Not an easy game by any means.
You keep saying this but why exactly would they be more up for it than say Everton were?

Because of that 'sunny afternoon' 2 years ago when we took great delight in sending them down after the return of the messiah. We indeed 'meet again' under slightly different circumstances and their fans want revenge.

p.s. I hate Newcastle and despise Barton!

You keep saying this but why exactly would they be more up for it than say Everton were?

Because of that 'sunny afternoon' 2 years ago when we took great delight in sending them down after the return of the messiah. We indeed 'meet again' under slightly different circumstances and their fans want revenge.

They beat us 6-0 on their return to the top flight. If anyone should be getting revenge it's us.

-----------------Friedel---------------

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Young

-------Delph----NRC-----Makoun---

--Downing-------------------Young--

-----------------Bent------------------

Would be my team, Albrighton on for Makoun and to switch sides with Delph to terrorise their tired fullback/winger after 60 mins.

I'd go with this, I know people are saying we will smash them but I don't give a scooby if it's the most boring game in history... as long as we get 3 points!!

UTV!

I'm going to be depressed watching Barton dominate the match.

We need to grow some balls and be willing to pass. It takes bottle to put a tackle, but it takes even more to have the ball under pressure and keep your head.

Fried

Walker

Cuellar

Collins

Young

Downing

Petrov

Makoun

Young

Agbag

Bent

They beat us 6-0 on their return to the top flight. If anyone should be getting revenge it's us.

Which is why this should be a great game. Lets not get this mistaken. Newcastle are very much up for this, theres not much they'd want more than to be a massive reason for us going down especially after our 'Whose your next messiah?' banner, that really pissed them off. They will want revenge for **** up their last 18 months.

And we obviously want revenge too...Just hope our local lads fight for us because one thing Newcastle do well is fight

Behind the Scum, Newcastle are the team I hate most, coupled with the fact they beat us 6-0 and ourrelegation worries we really need to win this, I would love us to smash them out the ground! Absolutley hate Newcastle.

Extremely nervous for this game but I always belive ourboys come up good when the chips are down! Come on Villa!

This is where I stand with them - **** hate the Gweordie twunts!

My team would be:

-----------------Friedel---------------

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Young

-------Delph----Makoun----NRC-----

--Downing-------------------Young--

-----------------Bent------------------

Newcastle will play 4-5-1. If we play 4-4-2 or Houllier's favourite 4-4-1-1 then we'll get outnumbered in midfield. 4-3-3 would really suit our players, I'm sure of it. The extra man in the middle of the pitch would help provide more protection for the back 4 plus with Young and Downing abit further forward it would provide more service for the often isolated Bent.

I'm expecting us to narrowly win this BUT knowing Villa they will find a way to **** up as usual. I've looked at the rest of the weekends fixtures and as we don't play until Sunday I can see us dropping into the relegation zone on Saturday which will add extra pressure on us to win. We really can't afford anymore slip ups. Come on Villa!!!

A must win game I just don't see us winning and I hate to think what the consequences will be for us if we fail to get 3 points. One thing is for certain though, no matter what video's people make fail to win and I think there will be one hell of a backlash against Houllier at the final whistle.

The game at the "Sportsdirect.com@St James' Park stadium" earlier this season is the worst Villa performance I've ever seen, and I saw that infamous defeat to Doncaster a few years back.

A win to banish those memories will suit me just fine.

IN reality we'll probably draw again.

442 at home.

Even if the striker who plays next to Bent has a complete nightmare, it'll give their defenders someone else to worry about, thus giving Bent more opportunities.

It also serves to put Young in his rightfull place on the wing.

Demands a solid CM though, and for this reason I'd look to play Reo Coker and Delph or Petrov.

Where the **** have you been all season?

:lol:

haha

I can only get to games on Sunday - gettin knocked out of europe really **** me up

Bukd this weekend off work ages ago for my birthday. What do they do anyway - switch it to Sunday!!!

im bringing my bird too tom, she has a 100% record to...this is her first villa game :winkold:

anyone know what attendence figsures rae currently looking like?

wel me, my bird, u, ur bird. Thats 4. Think Houlliers showing his face!!

tbh, ther wernt many tickets wen i bought mine a couple of weeks ago