Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Roommate is a huge Newcastle fan and I am a huge Villa fan. I have been getting shit all year since our terrible lose. Let's get a win please. I have a feeling Houllier will make a surprise addition to the line-up and go attack minded.

-------Agbonlahor------Bent-----------

-Downing--Makoun--Bradley--Young-

-Young---Cueller---Collins---Walker--

-----------------Friedel------------------

Newcastle Players Out

Nolan: Suspended

Tiote: Suspended

Enrique: Probably Injured.

Ireland: Ineligible

Best: Injured I think..

Their best players, with the exception of Barton, are all out. And this shows in what I would view as a pretty poor line up.

Newcastle Line-Up

-------------------Harper------------------

Simpson---Williamson---Collo---Ferguson

R.Taylor-----Barton----Guthrie----Gutierrez

--------------Ameobi---Lovenkrands-----

That's not a great team IMO. Our front three should be more than capable of murdering their back 5.

Their form has been up and down but they have a significantly better results at home and have taken some real beatings away from home. I know they just beat a Wolves side that we lost to but I think the loss of Doyle was huge for them as he is the focal point of almost everything good they do moving forward and Ebanks Blake is more of a 4-4-2 striker.

I want us to play three in the centre - Coker, Makoun and Delph - and three up front - Downing, Ash and Bent. I think this will allow us to dominate position and find Bent more consistently. I think it also allows Ash the freedom to drift in and out and it is, IMO, that flexibility (as demonstrated by his England display) that produces better football from him. The central three also makes us more solid and allows Walker to get beyond Downing/Ash knowing that there is a spare CM'er to cover if we get dispossessed. Apart from this the 4-4-2 with our CM'ers and strikers means that we have a massive gap between the two as our CM'ers tend to sit deep and our strikers tend to push up top.

Heskey and Gabby are there in reserve then if we need to chase the game and switch to the 4-4-2.

We can, and should, give these guys a good hiding and get revenge on them for the 6-0.

Why play Bradley Czechlad?

I dont want NRC against Newcastle and Petrov is shit. Delph is too inexperienced and I think Bradley hasnt been given a legit shot. Honestly what the hell at this point.

Looking at their team it really is a team man for man that we should be comfortably beating, I know football isn't played on paper but our players just need to look at their opposite numbers and think that they are better than them.

Why play Bradley Czechlad?

I dont want NRC against Newcastle and Petrov is shit. Delph is too inexperienced and I think Bradley hasnt been given a legit shot. Honestly what the hell at this point.

Fair enough, don't agree personally, but there's some logic there.

Dont think he impressed enough last night in the reserves to warrant a place though. If anything, I'd wager that Gardner would make it onto the bench ahead of him.

This game is the best opportunity of getting 3 points early in the run in and calming the team down for the remaining games and take off a bit of pressure. Away to West Ham after is going to be tricky as is home to Stoke and away to West Brom who are going to be well up for it. I'd possibly take 3 points in total against those 3? This would put us on 40 points with hopefully a 3 point banker against Wigan and then at 43 points the 2 remaining games are less important (he says in hope).

All I'll say is in my opinion this is the 2nd easiest game after wigan we've got and WE MUST MAKE IN COUNT - therefore lets go for the jugular and smash them to bits with all out attack. Not score 1 and sit back and wait for them to equalise in the 88th minute either. Also, with sky viewers watching we've got to put some pride back in after the FA cup shambles. Lets get VP rocking again!

If Nolan and Tiote are suspended, that leaves me well pleased.

The key changes we have to make for this are getting Carlos in for Collins. Dunne looked decent against everton and like so many times this season, people might have thought he was poor just because he is left trying to make up for Collins' mistakes in the back. Granted, Dunne hasn't been anywhere near amazing, but him and Carlos should do well together and leave pretty solid in the back. I think its fair to say Luke Young did fairly well, so keeping him at left back will do well enough.

In terms of up top, I would personally go with Heskey, first because he can give us good defensive cover and set pieces and because he could be great for bent up top. He could win all the balls in the air, take pressure off of darren and create more space for him to roam in.

In terms of who pairs Reo Coker in the middle, I would say go with Makoun, but at any point either late in the first or early second if he starts making silly tackles sub Petrov.Delph right on. THats the one mistake we mde against everton was not subbing Makoun off when it was clearly begging for it.

So i'd go:

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Dunne L.Young

Downing Reo-Coker Makoun Young

Heskey Bent

Still very concerned about our defense and we will probably concede again against Newcastle. Pardew will know we are weak and clumsy in the centreback positions and that Brad is now suspect on crosses.

We were lucky that Everton had injuries and came away with a point. Newcastle will also not be at full strength and we can all be thankful for that but i'm still not confident that we'll get the three points.

2-2 for me with us still reliant on teams around us to keep dropping points.

- We are at home and VP will be rocking.

- We have practically a full-strength team to choose from.

- Newcastle, like Everton, have all their best players out. Their team really is shit.

- We should be fired up for revenge after our 6-0 drubbing away.

- This is a massive six-pointer for us.

All of the above mean there are no excuses for anything other than a win - we should be murdering these. Plus, I **** hate Newcastle United.

Behind the Scum, Newcastle are the team I hate most, coupled with the fact they beat us 6-0 and ourrelegation worries we really need to win this, I would love us to smash them out the ground! Absolutley hate Newcastle.

Extremely nervous for this game but I always belive ourboys come up good when the chips are down! Come on Villa!

Tiote and Nolan are the heart of their midfield so we've got to take advantage of them being out. I'd be half tempted to play NRC, Makoun and Delph to simply out muscle and destroy them, but i think we need to go on the attack and play a 4-4-2 from the off.

I'm not his biggest fan but i'd play NRC over Delph and just have him sit on Barton and stop him playing. After that I know Makoun had a poor game at Everton but I think he deserves another go in this game.

Upfront we've got an embarrassment of riches - I'd go with Young and Downing on the wings, but having seen Albrighton in midweek I wouldn't mind any combination from those 3.

Upfront it has to be Bent and Heskey. Why Heskey has been left out for so long after his revival under Houllier i do not know. Get the big man in there scaring the shit out of Collocini and Williamson and let Bent pick up the loose balls.

-----------------Friedal---------------

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Young

Downing---Makoun---NRC---Young

------------Heskey---Bent-----------

-----------------Friedel---------------

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Young

-------Delph----NRC-----Makoun---

--Downing-------------------Young--

-----------------Bent------------------

Would be my team, Albrighton on for Makoun and to switch sides with Delph to terrorise their tired fullback/winger after 60 mins.