Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

win - put us 3/4 points away from safety, brilliant result.

draw - really poor result but wouldn't be stick knives in the eyes bad.

loss - stick knives in the eyes bad.

Although it does depend on other results, if teams below us lose and we draw, it won't be as bad. If we draw and the others win, it'll will be even worse.

Team for me:

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Dunne Young/Clark

Downing Coker Delph Young

Heskey Bent.

few decisions.

Cuellar/Collins, prefer Cuellar, expect Collins to play.

Young/Clark, not sure.

Delph/Makoun/Petrov...not a huge fan of Petrov, Makoun might find it very tough in a competitive Newcastle midfield. Delph may have abit more steel to him with quality going forward.

Heskey/Gabby....Newcastle are extremely dangerous in the air and I think Heskey will help defensively and give Bent a good foil if we're forced to go longer which I think we may have too as I think Newcastle like to press quite high and get into your faces (although not sure)

Prediction: 3-1 or 1-1. Hmmm.

They are gonna be massively up for it. Their fans will know full well what a win could do to our chances of survival, bearing in mind we sent them down remember.

Must win this game especially considering we could be in the bottom 3 by the start of it.

They are gonna be massively up for it. Their fans will know full well what a win could do to our chances of survival, bearing in mind we sent them down remember.

mate our fans will be up for it even more espically with the scarfs and the 6-0 defeat we suffered

we are not forgetting that and we certainly ahve a score to settle

If ever the term "must-win game" needs to be applied to a game then this is it:

GK Friedel

RB Walker

CB Cuellar

CB Dunne

LB L.Young

RM Downing

CM Makoun

CM Reo-Coker

LM A.Young

CF Gabby

CF Bent

Subs: Marshall, Collins, Clark, Albrighton, Petrov, Delph, Heskey

If ever the term "must-win game" needs to be applied to a game then this is it:

GK Friedel

RB Walker

CB Cuellar

CB Dunne

LB L.Young

RM Downing

CM Makoun

CM Reo-Coker

LM A.Young

CF Gabby

CF Bent

Subs: Marshall, Collins, Clark, Albrighton, Petrov, Delph, Heskey

this.

This game is so important. Hopefully results will go our way on saturday but even if they do we still need to win to carry some momentum into the tough game away at West Ham.

Friedel

Walker (he will be up for it to make up for yesterday)

Cuellar (expect Collins though)

Dunne

Young (Wouldn't bring Clark back in, thought Young was good yesterday)

Young (looked really good out wide yesterday)

NRC

Makoun (but sub Delph on around 65 mins, earlier if Makoun gets booked)

Downing

Gabby

Bent

Albrighton on the bench for this because IIRC (tried to block the day out really) he struggled up at their place.

Let's get some revenge for what was one of the worst days out of my life.

Team for me:

------------------ Friedel ----------------

Walker --- Cuellar -- Dunne --- Young

------------- Coker -- Makoun ---------

------------------ Delph -----------------

Downing -------- Bent ------------- Ash

I want to see a 4-3-3, although I doubt we will, with us getting on the ball and playing Bent in. I don't see Bent playing in a front two.

Prediction: I can't see us losing (I thought that before the Wolves game though!) and would obviously love to see a 3 or 4 -1 win. If Stoke can we can as they don't tend to travel that well!

I didnt see the game on Saturday other than highlights, but I think we should stick to playing Gabby and Bent upfront. Having someone else up there alongside him probably gave Bent the space he needed to engineer the chances at goal.

Would probably stick with the same team, with the exception of Cuellar in for Collins and perhaps Petrov or Delph in for Makoun.

Newcastle Players Out

Nolan: Suspended

Tiote: Suspended

Enrique: Probably Injured.

Ireland: Ineligible

Best: Injured I think..

Newcastle Line-Up

-------------------Harper------------------

Simpson---Williamson---Collo---Ferguson

R.Taylor-----Barton----Guthrie----Gutierrez

--------------Ameobi---Lovenkrands-----

Players/Form

Is how most of the Newcastle fans are expecting them to line up. Will be hard to beat I think, but Barton is normally out wide for them so will be a fair bit weeker in the middle of the park, which is where this game will be won or lost in my opinion. Barton and Guthrie is by no means their best midfield set up, where they usually rely on Nolan and Tiote (both out).

Taylor has made a few mistakes lately according to my Toon mates (i dont watch their games), so he could be a bit edgy going into this game - he could also have something to prove.

Lovenkrands was like their hero last season, all i heard was Lovenkrands this Lovenkrands that. Good in the Champ but aside from his goal on the weekend he hasn't done an awful lot for Newcastle, however Newcastle are very much a weird team this year.

They've only won 2 games since Andy Carroll left but when they score, they score a fcking lot, aren't really a team to sit back (like us) when they go one or two up, we really cannot afford to go behind in this game. Having said that the two teams they've beaten have both been Midlands teams (SHA, Wolves). Very much Jekyll and Hyde, Lose 4-0 to Stoke then a week later win 4-1 at an in-form Wolves, and they've been doing this all season.

How I'd like to see us play...

I think Young and Downing should be our wingers in this game and go with a 4-4-2, possibly 4-3-3. If Enrique is out then we can really mix play up a bit because I can't see Ferguson being able to handle any of Young, Downing or Albrighton and it would allow us to attack both sides and be a bit more unpredictable. Going at Simpson and Ferguson with L.Young and Walker overlapping.

If Enrique is in I'd switch Young to the Right and Downing on the Left and allow Enrique to try and take Young out of the game, he's going to get doubled up on anyway, so I'd prefer Enrique to Simpson to be the fullback having to spend his defensive game doubling up on Young, which will give Downing (who has been superior anyway) time down the left to attack Simpson who I dont think will be able to deal with it with the extra space for Gabby to run at (which in turn creates more space for) Bent to lie on Collocini and Williamson, waiting for one of them to go at Gabby/Downing/Young then exploit the space left in defence. Also Young is better defensively than Downing and will be able to help out Walker on the right when Enrique attacks.

In an ideal world Enrique wont be playing, in which case Albrighton can be used as an impact sub but I dont think Albrighton+Walker or even Albrighton+Cuellar will be good enough on the right to deal with Enrique+Guti when they are attacking.

4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 *Please not 4-2-3-1

Considering the above I'd go with a 4-4-2 of Walker/Cuellar---Dunne---Clark---Young, cant decide whether I think Walker should play or not given their obvious attacking strength down their left hand side.

Young---NRC---Makoun---Downing in midfield, but could be swayed with NRC---Petrov because I think both Makoun and Delph could be drawn into a battle with Barton in the middle of the field ending with either Makoun getting sent off or Delph getting in a fight. Bent and Gabby up front.

4-3-3 another option, aslong as Delph and Makoun manage to not get drawn in to Barton's scum thug football a NRC-Makoun-Delph midfield vs Barton+Guthrie would probably completely over run them and I think Midfield could be where this game is won and lost, with Young and Downing roaming behind Bent.

As with Everton... If your ever going to beat Newcastle. It's with Nolan, Tiote, Best and [possibly] Enrique out (not Ireland who is a pile of wank)

*Just realised how long this post is, Sorry*

Definitely a huge game for us. Think a win would give us a massive confidence boost that could see us get out of this mess. Newcastle do seem a bit Jeckyl and Hyde, getting smashed by Stoke and then putting 4 past Wolves. On the plus side I think that Tiote and Nolan are both suspended for this one and Enrique is a doubt. UTV!