• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

Had us down for a draw before today so itll do but have to say we should have beaten this Everton - just look at their side today.

7 first team players in their squad today, hardly reserves.

No it wasn't their reserves and didn't say that but when they are starting with likes of Beckford upfront and still score two its not excactly great .

Some nice passing in the second half, compared to the constant hoofball by Everton. I expect Moyes to whine and moan about the goal that shouldn't have counted for being offside and not over the line. Despite the fact Jagielka cheated for the penalty. Spirit and fight in the second half is encouraging to see.

Beckford was offside! Seriously, we'll have to wait for more conclusive footage but I'm not convinced it was over the line. Typical victim mentality from Blue scouse.

Pretty sure Luke Young was playing him on.

Can't speak for where the ball ended up though.

I take a point, even game, with perhaps Everton having the better chances. The must win home games are now next up. Bent and Downing had top games, one of Walkers poorer games in Villa shirt today gotta say, though made a vital intervention near the start.

So dissapointing to lose the way we did i mean if we can't defend its making Bent pointless, He's paid to score goals and he's doing a brilliant job but if we can't defend it making them worthless.

Not worthless im still frustrated but you get where im going, i do think we'll get a win against Newcastle though!

Come On Villa!!

Beckford was offside! Seriously, we'll have to wait for more conclusive footage but I'm not convinced it was over the line. Typical victim mentality from Blue scouse.

Yeah I thought the same, replays clearly showed Beckford onside.

Not a good result. We should have battered that weak Everton side. This isn't good at all seeing as West Brom and Small Heath have picked up 3 points today putting us at a worse position.

Newcastle has the right idea by killing off Wolves. Pardew is a rubbish manager, but he'll outsmart Houllier. I really can't see us winning another game.

Never ever a penalty. Jagielka just ran into Makoun.

But was definitely an Everton goal just before our 2nd so kind of equal in the end.

Beckford was offside and that was the decision made hence the freekick.

He wasn't and there wasn't

Yeah, LY played him about a yard on.

Great game, great entertainment. Youve got to hand it to Everton, so many quality players missing but still played very well. Jagielka is disgusting, to dive like that (especially as a defender) is just wrong. Linesman shouldve spotted that Makoun didnt put his leg out and why the ref blew for a penalty that fast is beyond me. The Beckford shot, no one here can say 100% over the line, not with those replays. Considering how hard that shot was and how fast it went, no way any ref in the world wouldve spotted if it was over or not and been absolutely sure. Cant be compared to Englands "goal" in WC.

Players? Collins was shit on the ground, again. Why does he continue to press forward and make a early take, leaving his striker free behind him all the time? Walker almost cost us the game, silly mistakes by a player who thinks hes better than he is, needs to learn how to defend. Gabby started pretty well but faded and was anonymous as usual. Ash was a waste of space apart from that great ball to Bent.

Downing was great, Bent lethal and rest were average. Friedel saved us with some great saves today.

**** off Jagielka

Some nice passing in the second half, compared to the constant hoofball by Everton. I expect Moyes to whine and moan about the goal that shouldn't have counted for being offside and not over the line. Despite the fact Jagielka cheated for the penalty. Spirit and fight in the second half is encouraging to see.
Cheers for that Steve, I didn't see anything from the game myself. But it's nice to see that we had some fight and to come from 1 down is great even thought we didn't win in the end..

Got to say Houllier is not at fault for today. He stuck with 4-4-2 and before the game most of us thoughT Everton had already won, hopefully a point is enough to make him stick to that formation. Got to say, if we play 4-4-2 Newcastle, Stoke and Wigan we have to win. No excuses. If we don't then we're going down.

Despite not winning we have to be happy with a point I guess. Arsenal and Liverpool imo aren't going to give us points...so it's all about those 3 I mentioned above.West ham...well I'm not sure about that game...maybe a point? Survival? I'm not so sure but a point today is a point gained right? Not too happy because we needed 3 points but quite happy because it's another point.

Just looked at the table and I have to say it's very alarming. Birmingham have overtaken us and we've gone to 15th. Could be 17th if Blackpool and Blackburn get some sort of result. I'm rather crapping myself at the table right now.

WORST result possible.

A win; well on our way to safety.

A loss; I think we might have finally seen the back of Houllier.

A draw and we keep the muppet and just hope because it's just enough not to call for blood even though the wound is still gaping.

That was a very weak Everton team, we were as strong as we can be and yet at best it was a very even contest and probably, to be fair, Everton had by far the better chances. However a draw is about right; thanks to Downing and Bent's finishing.

I really can't see us surviving. We're not taking chances when faced with weaker teams and those around us are picking up absolutely vital points - WBA are arguably safe now. It's so tight and we need to be at least 4/5points clear of the relegation zone before the last two games of the season.

We look like a team hoping. The rest look like teams fighting.

As much as i'd have wanted a win, a draw up there considering their form (and ours!) has to be taken as a positive.

Good match, end to end, Brad in fine form but as you'd expect, we looked a bit nervy at both ends. That's going to be how it is until we're safe. No point dwelling on it.

The stream I watched made it hard to be absolutely postive if Beckford's shot went over the line, but i thought it looked likely. But i got a clear view of Makoun's foul and there wasn't one. He'd pulling his leg back in and Jagileka used his nouse to clip his foot and fall over

Definitely not a penalty IMHO but i think that balanced the decisons out.

Lets just be happy with the effort and point and take it into next Sunday and build on it.

Voted for Friedal MOM ... Downing close second.

Before you would have taken a point but this was a reserve Everton side, well a reserve frontline anyway (as in Beckford) and he was injured throughout the second half. Our defence struggled to cope so it was a good thing Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini and Saha were out.

We played ok, the main threat through Downing, but I can seem to remember Howard making a save? Most of his work was claiming crosses.

A draw was a fair result as Beckfords seemed over the line, and as mentioned earlier apart from the obvious goals we created nothing.... okay maybe Walkers miss granted

I mean you know our defence is bad when Osman should have scored a hat-trick

As for Houillier:

-The team seemed to show determination - but in my opinion that is for the fans, the shirt, or their own careers not Houillier.

-Young was definietly on the left second half - and was quiet.

-Should have subbed Makoun after his booking - for Petrov/Delph as he didn't seemed committed after. Cant blame him as 2 reds in 6 matches would not be a great record

Toon Army next, who haven't forgotten that we sent them down, and really enjoyed it! Nolan picked up a booking today though so is suspended .... can't believe i've actually had to write that!!

UTV

Â