• Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

Well fought point -nothing wrong with the players character,

Helps when we have a better team selection and set up. (Luke Young at right back - GH not the first to see this but took long enough)

Damage already done though I fear.

Never ever a penalty. Jagielka just ran into Makoun.

But was definitely an Everton goal just before our 2nd so kind of equal in the end.

As expected. Team were a shambles at the back and despite Everton missing their best attacking players they were able to cut through us as if we weren't there.

Generally a poor game but we got a point and can now only hope we can keep on scoring enough goals to cancel out the weak defensive abilities of the side so that we can stay in the division, get rid of the useless manager, and start again next season.

That's an improvement. Didn't watch the game and it sounds like we were a lot better today. Can hopefully move on from that now and beat Newcastle. Nice to see Bent proving his price tag right as well.

For the sake of all future debates where people choose to omit certain truths, today we did show fight, and a reaction etc. So is that allowed to be a positive thing towards Houllier - considering not showing fight is a negative?Decent result, of course it could have been better but shit happens in football.

Downing was quality, Young looked better being on the wing. Etc. Now lets beat Newcastle

Not in my view, GH has already done his damage and is responsible for us being in this mess in the first place.

Anything we acheive from here is down to the players, although he can help by picking the right ones and playing them in position.

bent is a pure goalscorer, is that 5 in 9 since he came to villa? ash was not really any better out wide than in the middle. downing was our best player going forward

defence is still rubbish, collins is awful. friedal made some good saves, but still let in a weak one, can not command his area, and doesnt even bother to attempt to save penalties. ref was poor, never a penalty.

a point is better than nothing, we were away from home remember. but i wish we would stop sitting back whenever we go ahead. we have done it for years, and it gives teams a chance to get back at us.

Results elsewhere make it even tighter now. Our home games will decide our fate and any points on the road are a massive help. I would have taken a point before kick off but I didnt see other teams below us doing as well as they have.

For the sake of all future debates where people choose to omit certain truths, today we did show fight, and a reaction etc. So is that allowed to be a positive thing towards Houllier - considering not showing fight is a negative?Decent result, of course it could have been better but shit happens in football.

Downing was quality, Young looked better being on the wing. Etc. Now lets beat Newcastle

Not in my view, GH has already done his damage and is responsible for us being in this mess in the first place.

Anything we acheive from here is down to the players, although he can help by picking the right ones and playing them in position.

Lol, when we lack fight, it's Houllier's fault alone. When we do anything good it's solely down to the players. :lol:

I don't get this Everton B team/reserve shit!!!

Sure, they've got injuries to important players such as Arteta and Cahill but their keeper, regular back four, captain and several other international players in Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov all played... not to mention Osman who's fairly decent and Beckford who's scored a few in the Prem....

I think it's just another excuse to have a pop at Houllier!!!! to be fair to GH, he set the team up in an attacking manner, with Gabby and Bent upfront.

His formation/tactics etc did not let us down today, it was individual errors by certain players (and a homer of a ref!!!)

I'm gutted if we had just held on at Bolton and today we'd be safe. Also Newcastle is no given they'll want revenge on us and they'll be pumped.

Revenge?

For what?

If you mean sending them down then I'm sure a 6-0 raping at Jawdee Stadium would already be classed as revenge?

Â