Crysis 2

Chindie

Is it better than Black Ops? (wont be hard as BO's is shite!)

You wait until the Black Ops defence Crew hear about that, you've had it! :)

Wrong thread i know but what a disappointment BO's was.

Looking for a decent FPS to get stuck into, is this it?

Is it better than Black Ops? (wont be hard as BO's is shite!)

You wait until the Black Ops defence Crew hear about that, you've had it! :)

Wrong thread i know but what a disappointment BO's was.

Looking for a decent FPS to get stuck into, is this it?

Definitely worth a go. It's quite similar to that Ghost Recon Future Soldier you've created a thread about. It's not as linear as Call of Duty, it's upto you how you approach a mission. You can go all invisible and go for stealth, or go in all guns blazing. The visuals are shit hot aswell, best 360 game to date. The multiplayer is quite similar aswell, really fast paced like Call of Duty.

Having had an hour or so crack at it, it's a very interesting game to me. It feels like it's got some meat to it, theres weight to everything, which is refreshing after the CoD dominance of recent years. I find myself playing it completely differently too - each encounter with enemies I'm creeping round between cover, taking my time to analyse the area and pick out hostiles, stealthing constantly and picking off enemies carefully - to the point that my most used weapon so far is the silenced pistol with laser target, headshots ahoy.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

It's not perfect though, I've noticed a couple of what I think are bugs - early on you're asked to collect a tissue sample, which I struggled to do as the game seemed not to register my holding X to scan. This was then followed by the game refusing to not instruct me to use visor, even when I was using it or even when I didn't need to. It just got stuck on that - I'm fairly sure this is related to the issue with the tissue scanning. Hoping a reload sorts it.

Looks great, runs well, plays well, wunderbar. Will get into the online once the campaign is done (Chindie88 for any Xbox users who want to embarass me with my uselessness at shooters ;))

Bought this game yesterday, played it only online...

It's okay. Looks very nice, but the gameplay suffers from it... it's no where near as smooth as Black Ops. Also, after a couple of hours it got very repetitve. Everyone was using the same gun... and there's only one decent assault rifle to use.

Is it better than Black Ops? IMO... no. It's copied a lot of aspects from it, but the game play is just too jagged.

But it's a good game and fun to play for a while. The maps are very good. It just kinda seems like, you kill someone, and then someone kills you pretty much instantly. Not sure if thats due to spawn points or something... will keep playing to find out.

Looking forward to trying the single player.

I know what you mean, it's quite difficult to chain together kills. I've only had a handful of good games, the rest have been kill someone, then walk straight passed someone cloaked, and get shot in the back.

I've been using the same two assault rifles for a bit now, i'm about rank 10, rank 13 for next weapon unlock. there is also a classic mode, strip away all the special abilities, straight up deathmatch, but doesn't unlock until quite late on which is a shame, wouldn't mind playing that.

This will just end up the same as every other fps that gets released in between COD's, play it for a week or two, then straight back to COD.

I've only played a bit of the single player, i'm always in two minds as to whether to go stealth, or all guns blazing. The whole going in and out of cloaked is a bit of a pain, and i always seem to run out of energy at the wrong time. Sometimes, you'll be cloaked up, energy low, hide behind a vehicle to recharge, but the CELL soldiers still **** spot you! I know snapping necks and picking people off is better than just flying straight in, but it takes too long.

The general story of the multiplayer from what I've heard is that once you get good at it, you'll run very hot and very cold, have matches you dominate and matches you get tonked. A lot of that could be to do with the fact that its very much 'You're shot = you're dead' and it appears to have instant headshot kills.

It won't drag people away from COD, sadly, but I really rate it as a game. Just going off the campaign that is. I do kinda think COD's dominance has become a problem for the shooter (and perhaps by extension, the games) market. It's too dominant and too popular. To this day at our place copies of COD outnumber everything else, including about 5 years of FIFA put together).

Anyway, buy Crysis people, it's fantastic looking and plays briliantly, it's less of a COD shooting gallery and more freeform.

Will most likely pick this up when the price drops to around 20 quid, i just cant justify paying 40 quid for a game unless its something ive been dying to play.

Question...is there any sort of online redemption code for encouraging to buy this game brand new? If not i'll pick it up second hand.

Question...is there any sort of online redemption code for encouraging to buy this game brand new? If not i'll pick it up second hand.

Theres a 'goodwill' pack in - it adds a couple of things to get you kick started in multiplayer, but nothing like a single use Online Pass or anything. You won't miss it if purchasing preowned.

Have come to the conclusion that this game is shit.

Gameplay is too jerky and the multiplayer (i dont touch single player) is poor. Just have people coming up behind you all the time, there's no fluidity or rhythm... it's just chaos. The invisible thing doesnt help with it either.

As a game it's okay, better then a lot of attempts but no where near COD. (Though, it's nice to see a bit of competition for COD)

Will probably not pick this up again now.

Roll on the next COD i guess.

Â