Crysis 2

Chindie

Anyone picking it up Friday? I'll be trading Dragon Age 2 for it.

Always wanted to play the first game but never had the PC to hack it (and still don't), so this will have to do. Looks great, understandably for a Crytek release, a more meaty than usual campaign and a multiplayer that riffs on the traditional COD style and has been designed by the fellas at what used to be Free Radical (of Timesplitters fame, and formerly guys who worked on Goldeneye way back when).

I missed the demo, unfortunately, but by most accounts it plays well enough.

Looking forward to having a new FPS to get my teeth into proper.

You might be slightly disappointed if you're a big fan of the first one as it's supposed to have been streamlined quite a bit. I'm told thats not necessarily a bad thing but in terms of the kind of encounters you have, it's obviously not like the first game where you more or less had the sandbox of a jungle covered island. It's now supposedly more focused.

You might be slightly disappointed if you're a big fan of the first one as it's supposed to have been streamlined quite a bit. I'm told thats not necessarily a bad thing but in terms of the kind of encounters you have, it's obviously not like the first game where you more or less had the sandbox of a jungle covered island. It's now supposedly more focused.

When they say "streamlined", they mean a stripped down incredibly boring linear piece of shit that's made for the console market, as they've decided to abandon their previous PC market and give us a rubbish console port.

Farewell Crytek. At least we still have Blizzard and Valve.

When they say "streamlined", they mean a stripped down incredibly boring linear piece of shit that's made for the console market, as they've decided to abandon their previous PC market and give us a rubbish console port.

Farewell Crytek. At least we still have Blizzard and Valve.

actually, crysis 2 is probably the best shooter of the past 5 years on any system

No, I mean the demo is offline, it was only a multiplayer demo and on US release they pulled it, though you can still download it, you just can't do much beyond browse the menus.

You're far from alone mate, trust me. I was deeply cynical of it, when it turned out that its

- Pug ugly

- has an awful story line that drips right wing patriotic America fuckyeah ****' pinko commie bastards **** our women rhetoric and at times verges on racist, as well as patronising

- doesn't actually play terribly well, certainly not better than those it copies wholesale

- has an only mildly interesting multiplayer that is also in many ways more flawed than CoD ever was at it's worst

- even if you make the mistake of buying it, thanks to the 1 time only online crap it comes with in the box (to prevent preowned sales...), an awful lot of stores will not do refunds on it.

...yeah, if you're gonna buy a shooter released on consoles in March, buy Crysis 2 ;).

I stupidly bought into the hype of it being the next big first person shooter, but it's shit.

I'm impressed with this so far, visuals are some of the best i've ever seen in a game.

Killzone 3 still my favourite fps for the moment though.

By the way, if you do have a copy of Homefront and you want to get rid, take it to HMV before 31st March, get £35 trade.

Â