James Collins

AngelGabriel

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Play a high line with slow CBs and you're asking for it.

True

my point was.....one of the reasons we couldn't attack as much, because they couldn't get back and also left huge gaps between the lines for the opposition to play in.

I appalud Ds's Approach

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very shrewd deal, 

It would have been typical Villa to give the guy 12/18 months. 

This deal makes me think that we're going in the right direction off the pitch as well as on it. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

It would have been typical Villa to give the guy 12/18 months. 

This deal makes me think that we're going in the right direction off the pitch as well as on it. 

basically its "cash in hand"....isn't it?😀

perhaps they used to send them to the turnstiles to get their money in the old days.

3 hours ago, weedman said:

Was that the game that Bacuna played that unbelievable through ball straight to their striker to score? 

Was a different game. That was at Villa Park. Pirlo was proud of it

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on Deans Smith's comments, he ain't signing anytime soon.

What the feck does he know...I've heard this on the internet! 

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, DS basically said, he’ll be ready when I say he’s ready. And I have a feeling JT will likely have input too since he’s one of the best English defenders of modern times (Terry not Collins obv!)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes. I saw his pre-match interview last night before heading to bed so didn't comment on here about it but yes, he seemed to refute any contract having been signed. IIRC, he indicated he was still in an assessment situation and would be for a while. By the sound of it, he wouldn't be ready before January anyway, if I interpreted Smith's language correctly.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, DS basically said, he’ll be ready when I say he’s ready. And I have a feeling JT will likely have input too since he’s one of the best English defenders of modern times (Terry not Collins obv!)

I feel if they think we can survive and keep picking up points till January without him, he won't be getting a deal.

• Like 2

Â