James Collins

AngelGabriel

On 01/12/2018 at 15:22, TRO said:

basically its "cash in hand"....isn't it?😀

perhaps they used to send them to the turnstiles to get their money in the old days.

Used to put the money in their boots! :D

They would need helluva big boots these days. :D

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Used to put the money in their boots! :D

They would need helluva big boots these days. :D

well they had them, great big tan things.....even had a strap across to secure the notes😀

The dubbin give the game away, when it stunk the pub out.....and the land lady took them with rubber gloves.

........Them were the days.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

“He’s not had the match exposure that I would want. He’ll continue to train with us until I feel he’s up to the standard where we can make a decision one way or the other,”

Sounds like we're going to keep our options open.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s wouldn’t have ruined our finances if he hadn’t, but if this is true, fair play James. Hope you’re back to full fitness soon.

Smith later tabled a short-term deal worth around £10,000-a-week until the end of January to secure experience and cover at the back.

But Mirror Sport understands Collins went out to train later that morning and promptly injured his calf.

The star, frustrated with himself, then trooped back inside Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground and tore up the paperwork.

But the star's actions could help him in 2019 when he returns to full fitness.

Mirror link

• Like 1

Fair play to the guy. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6515875/James-Collins-physically-tears-50-000-Aston-Villa-contract.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

James Collins 'physically tears up £50,000 Aston Villa contract' after suffering calf injury just an hour after signing deal with Championship club

• Like 2

No problem with the money either, doesn't really matter if it is 50,000 or 200,000 in the grand scheme of things, Chances are he wouldn't play but having someone there who can step in "just in case" as cover for the 8 games between now & the end of Jan makes sense.

Even getting Samba back in for a month may not be the worst idea in the world

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Even getting Samba back in for a month may not be the worst idea in the world

I mean James Collins would be weird enough but the thought of Samba playing out from the back gives me the shivers 😂 Side note : Fair play to him its rare in this day and age for a professional to do this. 

Â