James Collins

AngelGabriel

I still rate him as probably our best CB.

I wouldn't say he is our best CB but we do need him and Dunne playing well in the centre of our defence now! Wish GH would sort it out and get em fit and back into the team!

Also about him being fit for Wales, remember they have another 5 days before the actual game, they did an initial check up and he's fit.

Exactly. If we were playing next week and he was declared fit for that game instead of it being a Wales game, no-one would say anything.

As usual the conspiracy theorists are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Never rated him and always felt he was 3rd choice behind Dunne and CC last year.

Its not just Villa he is dreadful for. He has had shockers for Wales vs Montenegro and Ireland in recent months.

Worst part is not the he is ginger but the fact he thinks he is Welsh Franco Baresi or Beckenbauer. He will never be a ball playing defender

I actually quite like James Collins. He can be a rock at the back, but he is occasionally sloppy with his passing and dives in, instead of timing a tackle and staying on his feet.

In a team set-up to play the way we used to, he can be very effective. So I think keeping him or getting rid will depend on whether Houllier stays or if we get a new manager.

I actually really like Collins despite his nightmare season. Although, I'd say he's been no worse than Ashley Young in terms of performance.

I would want to keep him. Blood and guts defender, (usually) desperate to block everything in front of goal, decent passer. Not ideally a first choice CB but a good squad player IMO.

David Luiz. Now theres a centre half whos got the lot IMO. He is on a different planet to Collins or any other CB we have here with the possible exception of Clarke in a few years time who i feel can go onto great things.

I couldn’t care which planet Luiz or Collins comes from. The point is we need central defenders who are playing to the best they can; I would rather we have Collins motivated and doing best, rather than Collins and Dunne being liabilities at every turn.

Come the summer we can get rid of him. At the moment we need him.

• 4 months later...
Â