Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I think that to play Everton successfully, unless you are a Barca etc., you need to match up to their 4-5-1 formation and be strong. That's why I would want to see a CM of Delph - NRC - Makoun with one of the wingers rested initially and used for impact later on.

i agree with this

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would like to see a formation of..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brad--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walker---------------------------------------------------Carlos-----------------------------------------------------------Dunne--------------------------------------------------Young

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reo-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Makoun------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Petrov/Delph----------------------------

Downing-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Young

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bent----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imo that team would take all three points.

would like to see a formation of..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brad--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walker---------------------------------------------------Carlos-----------------------------------------------------------Dunne--------------------------------------------------Young

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reo-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Makoun------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Petrov/Delph----------------------------

Downing-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Young

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bent----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imo that team would take all three points.

Would love to the graphic on MOTD of that one!

So in addition to Fellaini and Arteta, it looks like Rodwell and Saha (and Jose Baxter) are also out for the rest of the season. We've used the least players of any team in the prem and have 8 players out on loan, so right now is just fabulous :lol:

Coleman has pulled out of the Ireland squad through injury (don't know how long he is out for) and Cahill is currently playing with an injury that means he has to come off before the end every week.

So um...I'm not even sure what our team is going to be :lol:

A draw or win from this game would be a bonus in my eyes. If we lose then it is no big shock and I won't be any more worried than I already am. Our survival depends on our home games in my opinion. If we can pull a draw or win out of this one then great. If we can't then oh well...

But i am beginning to hope we go

----------------Friedel-------------------------

------------------NRC--------------------------

Mark-Kyle-Cuellar-Collins-LYoung-Downing

----------------Makoun------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

--------------Bent---Heskey-------------------

With NRC as a Sweeper

NRC as a sweeper?! This isn't FM. Actually, I don't think it would even work in that...

But i am beginning to hope we go

----------------Friedel-------------------------

------------------NRC--------------------------

Mark-Kyle-Cuellar-Collins-LYoung-Downing

----------------Makoun------------------------

--------------Bent---Heskey-------------------

With NRC as a Sweeper

NRC as a sweeper?! This isn't FM. Actually, I don't think it would even work in that...

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious ;)

Cahill injured aswell and been released before the Germany game, likely to be out.

Meaning...

Arteta

Rodwell

Fellaini

Cahill

Saha

Yakubu

Yobo

Coleman

Baxter

Duffy

Are all out, either through Injury or being loaned out.

Their central midfield will consist of Captain Neville and Heitinga, who has come out this week and stated that he is in disbelief that he is behind Jagielka and Sylvain Distin as he played in the World Cup final, which, by default

'makes him one of the four best Central Midfielders in the World and one of the four best Central Defenders in the World, make that best 10 central defenders just to give it added confirmation'

...So assume his manager, fans and teammates to be a bit pissed off with him, as he also took the time to bitch about Moyes' selection habits regarding himself.

Surely Ged has gotta play Ash out wide now he has seen the England performance?

------------------ Coker ----------------

------------ Delph ----- Makoun -------

Ash ---------------------------------- DJ

------------------- Bent ----------------

If we can not beat an Everton team without Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Coleman, Saha, Yobo & Rodwell then we really are in trouble and GH should go after this game. We need to play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Our 4-5-1 is too defensively minded and have 2 attacking wide forward players/wingers from Albrighton, Young, Agbonlahor & Downing with Bent up top would do damage to most teams. None of this playing Young in the hole or Gabby wide left as part of a 5 man midfield. Play him as a wide front man, like when he burst on to the scene and was fantastic, and we should start seeing some results. Plus our defence is starting to return, but let's hope they've learned out to defend set-pieces in the last week or so.

If we can not beat an Everton team without Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Coleman, Saha, Yobo & Rodwell then we really are in trouble and GH should go after this game. We need to play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Our 4-5-1 is too defensively minded and have 2 attacking wide forward players/wingers from Albrighton, Young, Agbonlahor & Downing with Bent up top would do damage to most teams. None of this playing Young in the hole or Gabby wide left as part of a 5 man midfield. Play him as a wide front man, like when he burst on to the scene and was fantastic, and we should start seeing some results. Plus our defence is starting to return, but let's hope they've learned out to defend set-pieces in the last week or so.

4-3-3 is 4-5-1