Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"major developments at Aston Villa".

Are we building a new stand? :winkold:

I think Moyes will move to Manchester United when he does leave Everton and I don't want a manager in Rafa who is with us but would prefer to still be at Liverpool. :winkold: The special one it is then... :lol:

I would take Moyes in a heartbeat. Knows how to get players motivated, good with young players, seems to unearth a few talents as well and is good with his transfer money.

We should be making him priority summer signing IMO.

This would be the main guy I would want but realistically it is impossible

And nobody else mentioned him :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great player but he's too injury prone.

140 games over 5 and a half seasons, what... 25 games, one period with a ligament injury so more like 4 and a half seasons, meaning he has played around 30 games a season with nearly 40 goals in that time.

Better than any attacking midfielder we have.

"major developments at Aston Villa".

Are we building a new stand? :winkold:

I think Moyes will move to Manchester United when he does leave Everton and I don't want a manager in Rafa who is with us but would prefer to still be at Liverpool. :winkold: The special one it is then... :lol:

Someone should really approach Mourinho and say "We know you're the best and have a glowing reputation. Come to Villa for a couple of years and gets us Champions League football and your reputation will get even better. Seriously Jose, people laugh at you behind your back because you have only gotten success with the biggest teams. Prove them wrong. Also here's £10 million and Warnock and Beye will be your slaves for the duration of your stay with us"

One can dream. :)

Yeah if we need somebody from the inside he would be my first choice. Although after Dunne spoke to him the way he did, does that lesson his respect? We sure have some trouble makers at this club.

Can you imagine if we somehow managed to get Mourinho ha ha. If we couldn't break into the top 4 with him plus Randy's cash then we'd never be capable of it! I know he wouldn't come but it's a nice distractive thought for a minute or two! Although it's not so nice when you snap out of it and remember what's really going on!

As for this Moyes story it's probably more lazy journalism from journalists reading topics on this site. Moyes has been mentioned by alot of fans in various topics on here regarding who they'd like our next manager to be!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-s-Gerard-Houllier-has-been-offered-an-escape-route-by-the-France-Football-Federation-with-Sam-Allardyce-and-Rafa-Benitez-heading-list-of-potential-replacements-article717457.html

Gerard Houllier is being offered an escape route out of Villa Park this summer – leading to his native France.

And Aston Villa are already lining up potential replacements with out-of-work duo Sam Allardyce and Rafa Benitez believed to be at the top of their list.

People Sport understands Houllier has been told a job is waiting for him at the France Football Federation, possibly even the role of technical director he left in September, if he walks away from – or is pushed out of the West Midlands club.

Just could be paper talk