Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Deschamps;

*Very good player for Chelsea.

*Will already know Duverne and maybe Makoun.

*Can Continue where Houllier has left off, with possession football.

*He is Young, ambitious and plays good style of football.

*Gave Man United a very close game in the CL for Marseille.

*Taken Marseille to the ligue 1 title for the 1st time in 18 yrs.

*Has also had a good spell in Italy with Juventus.

*Also won 3 domestic trophies in France with Marseille in his 2 seasons at the club.

*The Premiership becons him.

*He is well respected all over the world and could attract decent players to the club.

*Aston Villa would certainly be a club where this man can make his mark as a top manager..He could build a legacy with us.

Ticks alot of boxes.. :clap:

That would require Randy paying off his contract to bring him here and that's without him having Premier League experience. The board won't have the guts to do such a thing.

It's either looking likely to be Hughes (who's contract is looking to run out soon) or Benitez. Both wouldn't need to be paid off and they have Premier League experience that for some reason the board can't stop drooling over. Hiring one of them would basically be a middle finger to nearly the whole Villa fanbase if one of them is hired.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, Local journo gets the scoop. Villa announce it the next day. Everyones happy.

Except SSN.

shame.

Sky in "It's not news because it's not our news" shocker. Typical behaviour from them.

Exactly, its bad enough they ignore sports all together cause they dont have the rights to cover it.

Is it because they failed to have "Sky Sports News Understands". Chin up Kendrick, you've just made the reporters for Sky look amateur!

All the Rijkaard lovers in here are delusional! Don't want him as a manager.. He's abysmal. I don't want his name ever be mentioned in here again.

^^This^^

steaknchips mate, just because they are foreign and have had some success with the biggest clubs in their country, doesn't mean that they're gonna come here and suddenly turn us into Barcelona.

Moyes and Hughes may not be as "exciting" but I'd like to see all these over-hyped, overrated foreigners do a good job with the smaller - medium teams in the Premier League as Moyes and Huges have done

It's either looking likely to be Hughes (who's contract is looking to run out soon) or Benitez. Hiring one of them would basically be a middle finger to nearly the whole Villa fanbase if one of them is hired.

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

All the Rijkaard lovers in here are delusional! Don't want him as a manager.. He's abysmal. I don't want his name ever be mentioned in here again.

^^This^^

steaknchips mate, just because they are foreign and have had some success with the biggest clubs in their country, doesn't mean that they're gonna come here and suddenly turn us into Barcelona.

Moyes and Hughes may not be as "exciting" but I'd like to see all these over-hyped, overrated foreigners do a good job with the smaller - medium teams in the Premier League as Moyes and Huges have done

Agree totally! Look at your manager McLeish for example, success in Scotland but crap in England :lol:

^^This^^

Jesus christ, who cares where the manager is from!

^^This^^

British jobs for British workers?

B409737D-03F4-B5D0-565DA453BAE7F092.jpg

:P

^^This^^

:yawn:

Frank Rijkaard, oooooooooooops

Yeah, right - what's he ever won?!!!

Blinkered, ill-informed, puddle of arse-drippings. Took over a struggling Barcelona, reinforced the youth policy with Guardiola's appointment of Barcelona B, won the European Cup and ended R Madrid's dominance of La Liga.

If Moyes does leave Everton for us, he'll ring far more changes than Houllier tried to bring. He's assembled a very hardworking and loyal squad at Goodison. It takes time to bring in players to get them to play for you - and that'll be time that most Villa fans won't give him.

Jol might be a go-er, but hasn't got the pedigree of Rijkaard.

Incidentally, Rikkaard's current deal with Galatasary expires on Sunday, whereas Moyes is under contract until 2013. Read into that what you will !

^^This^^

Allardyce????

Hughes for me. Solid job wherever he's gone and some exceptional speelsd with Blackburn and Wales. He has a good record in the transfer market, has CL, International and PL experience and wouldn't cost us any compensation. Would motivatie the team and take no crap from anyone....plus potenial Zamora/Bent partnership. Yes please.

^^This^^

Allardyce????

Allardyce is a good manager.

Hughes for me. Solid job wherever he's gone and some exceptional speelsd with Blackburn and Wales. He has a good record in the transfer market, has CL, International and PL experience and wouldn't cost us any compensation. Would motivatie the team and take no crap from anyone....plus potenial Zamora/Bent partnership. Yes please.

Same here. Also I think he would know that it will be the job that defines his managerial career. I like that in a candidate.

All we do know is this is effectively Randy's biggest decision. I'd honestly love Moyes but don't think he'll leave Everton, we're too similar, we could sit here all day about the positives and negatives of either clubs but just don't think Moyes will jump for it.

Id like Moyes...but would anybody take a chance on Roberto Martinez? I think hes done a pretty good job at Wigan and they play some nice football. Fair enough, they nearly got relegated but the fact is that team is shite and he kept them up playing some good stuff. Has also made some shrewd signings for them.