Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Hughes leaving Fulham now they've been given the fair play Europa League place tbh

Do not want FSW (facht!)

Europa League counts for nothing. I am sure teams would prefer to finish 6th and not qualify rather than finishing 5th.

I would hope our board are intelligent enough to figure out that if Houllier not to continue, Ancelotti has publically stated he wants to stay in England and we would be the most attractive club for him. We should be doing all we can to get him here.

nah, cant' see ancelotti working here tbh, people talk about managers being a "fit" for a club, and I really don't think Carlo fits us, or even an equivalent type with less of the reputation he's garnered.

A Spanish journalist tweeted this, this afternoon;

Quique Sanchez Flores entrenará al Aston Villa, según fuentes familiares que acabo de consultar. Su deseo es Inglaterra, ya ha decidido.

Which translates to;

Quique Sanchez Flores will train at Aston Villa, according to relatives who just consult. His desire is to England, has already decided.

A name I haven't heard mentioned...seems very random if its made up.

A Spanish journalist tweeted this, this afternoon;

Quique Sanchez Flores entrenará al Aston Villa, según fuentes familiares que acabo de consultar. Su deseo es Inglaterra, ya ha decidido.

Which translates to;

Quique Sanchez Flores will train at Aston Villa, according to relatives who just consult. His desire is to England, has already decided.

A name I haven't heard mentioned...seems very random if its made up.

Pretty sure I saw his name linked a couple of weeks ago. He was the manager of Athletico Madrid but doesn't seem to have ended well from what little I know of La Liga. Seems a bit leftfield compared to the others we've been linked with

Aston Villa's chances of luring David Moyes have been boosted by the Everton manager learning he will have to adopt a sell-to-buy policy at Goodison Park this summer.

Villa will take medical advice this week before deciding whether to keep Gerard Houllier in charge at the club, after the Frenchman missed the final stages of the season to undergo health checks in hospital on a heart problem.

Moyes is aware of Villa's interest in taking him as a replacement and is getting impatient at Everton after finding out he would have to finance new signings by letting one of his established players, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Jack Rodwell or Marouane Fellaini, leave.

The Scot, who has been in charge at Goodison Park for nine years, wanted a £15million budget this summer to chase targets such as Wolves striker Kevin Doyle and Wigan Athletic forward Hugo Rodallega.

Moyes has publicly stated that under current budget restraints, supporters should not expect the club to finish any higher than the seventh place they achieved this season.

Daily Mail

99% Bullderdash, but i heard wednesday is D day for GH, if he doesnt continue Hughes will be in.

Please not hughes..

Agree. We must be able to find someone who ISN'T a clearing in the woods.

It's not even that for me, it's that there are better managers out there and we should be trying to get them. Hughes is a mid table manager, he's not awful, but he isn't what we should be aiming for in my opinion.

This is the man who actually bought Steve Sidwell, let's not forget that.

99% Bullderdash, but i heard wednesday is D day for GH, if he doesnt continue Hughes will be in.

Please not hughes..

Agree. We must be able to find someone who ISN'T a clearing in the woods.

It's not even that for me, it's that there are better managers out there and we should be trying to get them. Hughes is a mid table manager, he's not awful, but he isn't what we should be aiming for in my opinion.

This is the man who actually bought Steve Sidwell, let's not forget that.

I agree we can do better for a manager. Still, Sidwell was probably a good signing for Fulham: Cheap, unfulfilled potential, and no place better for him to try and reach it than just down the road from where he grew up.

My objection to MH is based on the man rather than the manager, though.

Please not hughes..

Hughes is probably my 1st choice.

Maybe second behind Moyes.

Please not hughes..

Hughes is probably my 1st choice.

Maybe second behind Moyes.

Why on earth would you take Hughes over Moyes? :shock: