• Albrighton
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Delph (for Baker 33)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 60)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 61)

After 2 week break the team should've been fresh and full of running if nothing else. Whole game looked laboured - slow start and never got going, never put any sustained pressure on. Wolves weren't very good, but they got a goal after a few close calls and could then sit happily on the lead.

The subs in the 2nd half did nothing, so while I thought initial line-up was okay, Houllier didn't react well to how the game played out and completely failed to lift the side after poor first half. You can forgive a poor first if they show some signs of trying to rectify it in the 2nd but there was so little. The last 20 mins were woeful.

Gave Herd MOTM for doing reasonable job in unfavoured position and difficult circumstances, though that's pretty faint praise. Nothing much looked good in our team. And now it's another two weeks till the next match. Two weeks to dwell on that horrible performance.

I can't remember a more miserable season than this one. I'm even starting to think it might be not be the worst thing in the world if we do go down. Get a hungry young manager who's willing to start building up a new team around the youngsters who can learn how to be winners in the league below - a campaign chasing promotion would be a lot more fun than what we got at the minute.

Horrible, just horrible.

I don't want to particularly single out anyone but i taught "King Carlos" was a joke, over rated to bits, nice guy but was brutal today. But than again i was never a fan of his.

Like everyone i am seriously worried & hope Houllier Fcuks off sooner rather than later, I wanted to give him a chance, at least till next season/ Christmas but if we wait till the Summer we won't be in the premiership.

Feel sorry for the fans at Villa Park today, i moved away last week - at least nobody will bother me with my Villa Shirt on over here in Poland, but the fans on their way home today in Brum or indeed back home in Ireland won't have such luxury.

Am not so religous but i'll be saying a few prays between now and May.

Oh- and if Ash wants to go , and theres anything near 15million i'd snap that up if i was Randy.

Up the Villa

Why is Houllier getting the blame the players hardly covered themselves in glory did they? They all played like puss!es! Downing especially. A clueless performance.

Fans didn't help either, what a bunch of m0ngs they looked and sounded. Why were they singing for Gabby to come on? Do they not realise how shiit he is.

On the wing - the position Houllier plays him.

Strangely enough he was a decent premier league scorer under O'Neill when played in the right position.

I was prepared to give Houllier more time and thought a lot of people where getting on his back far to early but nothing is changing and I genuinely fear relegation now wihich is a joke for the squad we have and the money we have spent!!

I have lost all patience he has to go!!

japan-earthquake-tsunami-nuclear-unforgettable-pictures-crying_33278_600x450.jpg

A woman mourns the devastation of Natori, Miyagi Prefecture, in northern Japan on March 13.

You know what? We live in a place where we can have our weekends "ruined" by a football team losing. Fantastic isn't it?

Sorry, but I just feel we need some perspective.

Summed it up for me when the linesman got injured at the end. About 5 Wolves players came over to McCarthy on the side and he gave them some instructions. What was Houllier doing? Sitting on his arse doing **** all. The guy is a complete and utter tool, he hasn't got a clue. How can this man possibly be a football manager?

Right I assume I am probably the first one home before everyone at the match (I did leave early but this due to personal reasons and not the match or anything..)

My thoughts - rubbish tactics, players seemed disinterested, players never wanted him to be appointed in the first place imo, why sub Baker (?) early on in the game? confidence is now shot on that lad, Cuellar was ok, Herd was my MOTM for what I saw.. the rest can get lost and I hope they are mostly if not all sold - I really can't stand seeing half of them on the pitch.. frustrates me to say the least.

The signing of Bent is also starting to worry me but a bit too early to judge him I guess.. I supported the lads, the lads weren't bothered and were disinterested.. good job I'm not fussy with money or else I'd ask for a refund.

I expect to see Houllier resign or fired by the tomorrow.. oh and everyone shouting for big sam etc, I think we might aswell ask who the players want as it seems they run Villa Park now not the management.

japan-earthquake-tsunami-nuclear-unforgettable-pictures-crying_33278_600x450.jpg

A woman mourns the devastation of Natori, Miyagi Prefecture, in northern Japan on March 13.

You know what? We live in a place where we can have our weekends "ruined" by a football team losing. Fantastic isn't it?

Sorry but that doesn't come close to how I feel - I'm absolutely devestated!

Only joking, before anyone loses it! Of course in the grand scheme of things football is nothing compared to disasters like that. :(

wtf has that got to do with anything?

do you cheer when villa score or do you let a tear drip from the corner of your eye at the though of some unfotunate in another part of the world?

there is a time and a place, if you want to mourn the horrors in japan, go on a japan memorial site, not preach on a villa site that villa fans are pissed off that their weekend has yet again been **** over.

oh and everyone shouting for big sam etc, I think we might aswell ask who the players want as it seems they run Villa Park now not the management.

That's just because the management is **** shit.

I think you're on the wrong site MJ.

Perspective is needed in life but this is a Villa fan site.

Curious post.

Â