Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see them vs Spurs? Or any other decent team this year? They pull it out of the bag when they need to, and they still need to. Will be a very very tough game imo. If we score first and dont sit back i think 4-1 Villa, their defence had gaping holes vs Spurs. If we sit back, get cocky or concede first a very edgy 2-1 villa possibly 2-2

I no everyone is moaning about the team selection, but lets not forget who left us in this mess. Martin o'Neil and us villa fans need to never forget that. Yes we have not played up to expectations this season, but it is not houlliers team. He is building.... yes he has made some drastic decisions that fans are not too happy about, but we need to look forward. Houllier will not relegate aston villa, and if he gets something out of next season once he has fully made it his team we will all forget about this season

And team wise the only problem against bolton was the set pieces.

-------------------- Friedel----------------------

Walker----------COllins-------Clark---------Young

----------NRC-----------------Makoun----------

Albrighton------------Young------------Downing

-------------------Bent---------------------------

This team on paper is top 6 without doubt. we can beat wolves and when we do we will be a head above the relagtion fight and nearly home and dry

If we can't turn over Wolves at home we really are in trouble! For me it is a question of how many we beat them by rather than if we beat them. We did Blackburn 4-1 last time at Villa Park and I see us taking Wolves by the same score or they might have a good day and get a late goal to make it 4-2. :winkold: I know local derby games can be tight but I think Billy Wright was their captain when they last started a game against us expecting to win it. :lol:

And team wise the only problem against bolton was the set pieces.

-------------------- Friedel----------------------

Walker----------COllins-------Clark---------Young

----------NRC-----------------Makoun----------

Albrighton------------Young------------Downing

-------------------Bent---------------------------

This team on paper is top 6 without doubt. we can beat wolves and when we do we will be a head above the relagtion fight and nearly home and dry

As Clark is suspended Carlos will come in if he is fit. I agree that the above team should be not be in the relegation zone, but when you are down there things go against you and nothing can be taken for granted.

We should beat Wolves but I have a horrible feeling that we will end up drawing or losing. We should have beaten Bolton but we didn't.

I think if we attack anything like we have done in the past two games, then we'll batter the Dingles.

Two defeats in 9 in the league aint bad, even if the last one was infuriating given the circumstances. The Wolves are a poor side, with an ability to pluck out the odd freak result at home on postage stamp Molineux, but for all their clichéd fight etc, they’ll still go down.

Us to add a nail in their coffin.

I don't think we will struggle. I think we will create plenty of chances like we did against Bolton but we will actually put the majority away instead. Besides 3 points I would really really really love a clean sheet!

I don't think we will struggle. I think we will create plenty of chances like we did against Bolton but we will actually put the majority away instead. Besides 3 points I would really really really love a clean sheet!

What worries me about our team when Makoun comes back is our lack of height. This is contributing to conceding at set pieces as much as zonal marking or Friedel's impersonation of Dracula (he doesn't like crosses either).

Cool it lads.

This is matchday forum, not the VillaTalk part of the forum.

Prediction: 3-1 win. LYoung LB, KW RB. Carlos/Collins DC. If not Carlos, then Baker will be back in.

Mak and NRC in midfield, Bent, DJ, Ash and Albrighton up front.

Simple. The fans will have to be up for this ane as well!