Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

I honestly dont know anymore. Probably stay. He needs to buy 3/4 defenders in the summer along with a goalkeeper.
Yes I have seen a lot of comments saying he needs to buy loads more players in the summer. Funny really how other managers can take a job and manage to do quite well without having to buy a whole new team

Keep him, on the proviso that he wins every single game against teams below us in the table between now and the end of the season. I make that Wolves, West Ham, WBA and Wigan. That should do it.

Now rationality and football being football tells you such a predictable outcome in all those games is unlikely.

But:

We can't possibly target victories against sides above us, or who have spent more (copyright GH, 2011) so we need to maximise every game against lesser sides from this point onwards. This is how football works, according to the master motivator. So if he can't even deliver what he believes is the norm, the industry standard, he'll have no arguments when it becomes time to collect his cards. Can't have it both ways Ged.

The expiry date for that type of limited and self defeatist thinking will hopefully be May 22nd, when he'll then be either moved upstairs (to do what I'm not sure) or just -preferably- moved on altogether.

We look to me like a team whom, with a proper central midfielder and solid defence, could enjoy a bit of success. There were periods today when we looked like we'd score (or at least miss a sitter!) every time we went forward. The same can be said of last week against Blackburn.

I'm still not confident in Houllier and I'm still feeling somewhat despondent but for the first time in ages (and granted I don't go to as many games as I used to/should) I came away from that match wanting to go to another one. Usually I come away thinking I'm glad I don't go very often. I'd give GH the summer to see what else he can produce in the transfer market and how he implements it.

In Martin O'Neill's first season we had a few spells of playing poorly and not winning games interspersed with good performances and eventually finished 11th. Which is where we'd be today if Ashley Young had scored his penalty.*

*Subject to debate...

Stay.

I can at least see what he is trying to do, we are all happy with Bent when he signed and if he knew how to shoot today we would have smashed them. Lets not overreact, we also had a complete second string defence out. Let him get his own defenders in, own keeper and then judge him. We will only have the same problem if we sack him where we need to give another manager loads of time and next season would just be another pointless one.

Even with a first choice defence out it's been a **** shambles.

We win...... STAY

We draw/lose...... GO!

It's a bloody pantomime. What did he do wrong today, shouldn't have played A Young and Bent, someone else might have scored?

Pathetic.

As the saying goes: "When the Gods wish to punish us they they give us what we pray for". You might just get what you pray for.

We win...... STAY

We draw/lose...... GO!

It's a bloody pantomime. What did he do wrong today, shouldn't have played A Young and Bent, someone else might have scored?

Pathetic.

As the saying goes: "When the Gods wish to punish us they they give us what we pray for". You might just get what you pray for.

I hope so because I am praying we get rid of this clueless idiot and appoint Owen Coyle

go - I cannot stand to see his face anymore

cannot defend for toffee - his fault what the f@@k has been coaching them to do all season.

No fight in our teams - again down to Houllier - let's be honest would you want to play for him ? Cannot motivate the team at all.

his man mangement skills are also non-existent.

If he stays I am 90% sure I will not renew

I hate Houllier at the moment but you don't toss a guy this soon. He had a good transfer window, if he has another good one in the summer we'll start winning games.

The defensive problems all season have been 50% injuries, I'd say.

I can't forgive him for giving up the cup but being rational I'd say stay.

The mainstream media have definetly picked up on our annoyance from Wednesday. Just mentioned on MOTD plus several papers since Wednesday.

Thats because he blatantly , unncessarily and so obviously made a hard game harder for next to no reason. Anyone and everyone could see that.

It wasn't even understandable in the way what O'Neill did at Moscow.

Its gone now - but may well have inadvertly started another rut given todays result (despite a good performance).

Stay, we'll stay up no problem and in the summer I can really see him bringing in some top players. A full pre-season would probably do him the world of good too. We look good on the pitch, apart from defending set pieces which has been **** shocking all season.

Stay, we'll stay up no problem and in the summer I can really see him bringing in some top players. A full pre-season would probably do him the world of good too. We look good on the pitch, apart from defending set pieces which has been **** shocking all season.

Remind me again who has been in charge of this for most the season ? If you cannot defend you deserve to go down.

Taxi for Houllier please.

Or let us all get white flags and wave them at Villa Park at the Wolves game. Houllier probably thinks we cannot beat them either.

He is a clearing in the woods !

Remind me again who has been in charge of this for most the season ? If you cannot defend you deserve to go down.

Taxi for Houllier please.

Or let us all get white flags and wave them at Villa Park at the Wolves game. Houllier probably thinks we cannot beat them either.

He is a clearing in the woods !

There is plenty of ammunition to have a go at Houllier, no need to make anything up.

We haven't had a settled back 4 all season and we have struggled with it. Our top players from last season have been out of form and sometimes plain awful. The defence will be addressed in the next window.

Mods whats your beef with the poll?

I can honestly say I've never felt so uncomfortable with a Villa manager, even under the dark days of GT II and DOL! I just look at him and think "you shouldn't be our manager".

He's an abortion of a manager. After the amount of time it took to get MONS replacement I wasn't expecting this, With the quality of players he has he shouldn't need time to "change our style", it's all excuses. Get rid before the infection goes gangrene.