-Downing-------------- Gabby ---

------------- Young

--------------- Bent

-------------------------------------

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great opportunity to spark some optimism back into the team by WINNING....!

Davies always puts in a good shift for them at Home hopefully he will be outdone by our enthusiastic young pairing of Baker and Clarke - These guys have played together well before successfully in the youth set up so they should be comfortable. A big chance to stake there ambitions as future Villans.

Where is Beye though his experience could be needed, if hes on 40 k and there is no intention of playing him when all of our players are out why didn't we sell loan out...?

I'd like to see

------------- Friedal

Walker - Clark - Baker - Young

-------- NRC --- Delph

Albrighton -- Young -- Downing

------------Bent

Me too.

picks itself really. Id like to see Herd/Bradley get a go next to NRC. Probably not the best game to try it however.

Geez we miss Makoun!

This is a great opportunity to spark some optimism back into the team by WINNING....!

Davies always puts in a good shift for them at Home hopefully he will be outdone by our enthusiastic young pairing of Baker and Clarke - These guys have played together well before successfully in the youth set up so they should be comfortable. A big chance to stake there ambitions as future Villans.

Where is Beye though his experience could be needed, if hes on 40 k and there is no intention of playing him when all of our players are out why didn't we sell loan out...?

i think your perhaps doing Kevin Davies a dis service her. Hes having a great season and i suspect he is relishing going up against a couple of enthusiastic young lads. He'll smash both in the first ten minutes to really see what hes up against. Suspect he'll win most of the aerial battle, it will be how we deal with the knock ons that matters.

Id play a 5 man midfield and 1 up front. Delph, NRC and Petrov in the middle with Young and Downing on the wings. Need to cram that midfield as much as possible to support a young defence. Hopefully Luke Young can fill in at left back.

Beye didnt want to go out on loan or be sold as no one would match his wages, you will see references to this in just about every thread.

Recalling Lichaj won't really help. We have Walker at right back, and Delph has been doing OK at left back, we also have Baker and Luke Young (possibly) to play there more naturally. Wouldn't want to recall him to just sit him on our bench again.

What we're lacking is centre backs. With Dunne possibly out for rest of the season and Collins so injury prone, it's certainly a worry.

What we're lacking is centre backs. With Dunne possibly out for rest of the season and Collins so injury prone, it's certainly a worry.
Indeed. Hopefully Collins, Baker, Clark and Dunne (if he returns before the end of the season) can last.

I'm really worried about how our makeshift defence will cope with the physical nature of Davies and co and the tricky of Sturridge, I would take a draw right now. (do i sound like Houllier the defeatist?)

Recalling Lichaj won't really help. We have Walker at right back, and Delph has been doing OK at left back, we also have Baker and Luke Young (possibly) to play there more naturally. Wouldn't want to recall him to just sit him on our bench again.

I believe Lichaj has played at CB quite a bit for the reserves, though he's probably too short to be at all useful in that role against Bolton. We do have Halfhuid (who is 6'4" and rather physically capable) on loan at Volendam, anybody know if/how he's been playing and if we can recall him?

Team I'd play

---------Brad----------

Walker ---- Baker --- Clark ----- Delph

Ash ------ Coker ---- Bradley--- Downing

--------- Gabby ------ Bent -------------

and I think it might be those players just with a 'messed up' 451 and players OOP