Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Beye or Warnock in the team. I'd rather have my 7 year old son play at the back at least I know he loves the club and would give his all.

Too bad about Dunne. In my opinion he was actually coming around to playing the way Houllier envisions the backs playing. Oh well... If we can attack Bolton and score first we can win this thing. I wish Delph was a tad touch taller. With his midfield skills he's not a bad shout at left back.

With all of the defensive injuries wouldn't it be interesting to see GH throw Heskey's arse at center back in a pinch? Hesk is a big strong dude. 8)

UTV!

I've said in another thread this is the first of 3 games I think will define Houllier's reign.

If we don't get a win in this one the game against Wolves becomes a MASSIVE game, if it wasn't before.

If we could get 3 good results now, 7 points or more, I think we could have a good end of season and be set up well to start preparing for a good season next year. 3 bad-uns and surely Houllier will be getting the boot.

Too close to call this, I think we've got better players in spite of the injuries but they are playing well and scoring goals at the moment. I'll go for a blood and thunder but ultimately frustrating score draw.

Friedel

Walker Collins Clark Baker

Albrighton Reo-Coker Pires Downing

Young

Bent

we'll get beat

Why does that not surprise me.

So why this comment then ? Saying it does not surprise you sort of suggests that you are saying all I ever do is predict a loss. Which of course is rubbish

Our possible defence:

Walker-----Clark-----Baker-----Delph

That worries me, all are promising young players but Kevin Davies will have a field day against them if they are not strong and stand up to his physical nonsense.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much for this one to be honest. Wednesday's catastrophe couldn't have done much to help the morale of the team. Dunne hasn't been brilliant this season but him missing added with the other defensive problems I honestly don't know what Houllier will do. Bolton are having a good season by their standards, especially at home plus they now have Sturridge who has scored what is it 4 in 4? I wouldn't bet against him making that 5 in 5 tomorrow! I'd definitely take a draw but I think we'll lose 2-0 or 2-1 unfortunately.

I don't want Beye or Warnock in the team. I'd rather have my 7 year old son play at the back at least I know he loves the club and would give his all.

Too bad about Dunne. In my opinion he was actually coming around to playing the way Houllier envisions the backs playing. Oh well... If we can attack Bolton and score first we can win this thing. I wish Delph was a tad touch taller. With his midfield skills he's not a bad shout at left back.

With all of the defensive injuries wouldn't it be interesting to see GH throw Heskey's arse at center back in a pinch? Hesk is a big strong dude. 8) UTV!

He is, but he does often seem to get knocked over a lot.

I think Warnock should play. Bolton will try to muscle their way past and so we our bigger guys out there.

Our possible defence:

That worries me, all are promising young players but Kevin Davies will have a field day against them if they are not strong and stand up to his physical nonsense.

True. He could have a field day.

Clark we all know can compete against players in the same calibre of Davies.

Baker, although in limited performances, defiantly puts his body on the line.

This is the time where we need to have a sitter in midfield to protect the back 2, allowing Walker to do his magic going forward, and let Delph continue what he has been doing so far at LB.

If we get an injury, Heskey will be most likely to fill in.

Well we again have a strong away following tomorrow which is fantastic.

Unfortunately after only two away league wins under Houllier and having been served up some real gutless tripe its more in hope than expectation of a win.

Be very interesting to see how the players react to the managers defeatist attitude on Wednesday. The manager as certainly piled more pressure on him after Eastlands.

Heres hoping the drive back will be a happy one.

Our possible defence:

True. He could have a field day.

Clark we all know can compete against players in the same calibre of Davies.

Baker, although in limited performances, defiantly puts his body on the line.

This is the time where we need to have a sitter in midfield to protect the back 2, allowing Walker to do his magic going forward, and let Delph continue what he has been doing so far at LB.

If we get an injury, Heskey will be most likely to fill in.

Game plan tomorrow should be attack is the best form of defence. If we keep barracading them in then it relieves pressure from our defence and allows Walker and Delph to bomb forward which will create many problems for them.