City scum attack Villa fans

dbsboots

Oh God. I can only apologise on behalf of these neanderthals. Hope that they are collared and get the book thrown at them, a disgrace to the club and the fans.

Of course, remember we're not all like that so don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a tiny minority. It's not a regular occurrance, I've never seen anything kick off outside Eastlands personally and I leave the ground near where the away fans do. I will say thug that the policing arrangements don't help matters. All fans, even United's, leave at the same time as the home fans and this needs to be changed IMO.

Oh God. I can only apologise on behalf of these neanderthals. Hope that they are collared and get the book thrown at them, a disgrace to the club and the fans.

Of course, remember we're not all like that so don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a tiny minority. It's not a regular occurrance, I've never seen anything kick off outside Eastlands personally and I leave the ground near where the away fans do. I will say thug that the policing arrangements don't help matters. All fans, even United's, leave at the same time as the home fans and this needs to be changed IMO.

James, you can have all the money in the world BUT it won't buy you class and decency. To me, the support for the Blue side of Manchester has many similarities to the Blue side of our city and this includes the thuggish element.

James, you can have all the money in the world BUT it won't buy you class and decency. To me, the support for the Blue side of Manchester has many similarities to the Blue side of our city and this includes the thuggish element.

....you still can't tar everyone with the same brush......we had plenty of banter and more than a few beers with citeh fans before and after the match....not a hint of bother.....it was only the 90mins of pure shite that got in the way of a good away day.....which citeh usually is...

....you still can't tar everyone with the same brush......we had plenty of banter and more than a few beers with citeh fans before and after the match....not a hint of bother.....it was only the 90mins of pure shite that got in the way of a good away day.....which citeh usually is...

I haven't, and wouldn't want to, tar everyone with the same brush. As an example, I know a number of decent Noses (although I really should keep that quite) as I'm sure a lot of us do, so its not all of them. It is just about the general feel of a club for me. Blues feel small time, aggressive and inhospitable and generally lack any class or decency. Citeh, despite all the riches, feels the same to me. This stems from the top at Citeh for me - Cook downwards - with a general lack of respect for others.

We have our morons as well don't get me wrong. They are just less in number than a lot of clubs. I also feel we conduct our business, fortunately, in a much more respectful manner than most.

I haven't, and wouldn't want to, tar everyone with the same brush. As an example, I know a number of decent Noses (although I really should keep that quite) as I'm sure a lot of us do, so its not all of them. It is just about the general feel of a club for me. Blues feel small time, aggressive and inhospitable and generally lack any class or decency. Citeh, despite all the riches, feels the same to me. This stems from the top at Citeh for me - Cook downwards - with a general lack of respect for others.

We have our morons as well don't get me wrong. They are just less in number than a lot of clubs. I also feel we conduct our business, fortunately, in a much more respectful manner than most.

I cannot agree with you here mate. You say you don't want to tar us all with the same brush and then proceed to do just that! You seem to imply that we have a larger cretin element than most clubs. I dispute this entirely. You'll probably find that as similar sized clubs we will probably have a similar number. Again, this is all anecdotal evidence (as is yours) but as I say, I've never seen anything kick off personally at Eastlands. While I agree there has (sadly) been a noticeable arrogant streak shown by a section of our support since the takeover, I wouldn't say it's massively widespread among our matchgoing fans currently. You'll see it on websites (no names mentioned) but is that really a genuine cross section of our support? Of course, I'm biased when I say this but you'll find the vast majority of the fans who go to the games are the ones who went in the dark days and are on the whole decent people. We have our brainless morons as does every club.

I don't want to argue with you as you seem like a genuinely decent football fan, as evidenced by your initial post. I certainly haven't tarred you all as I set out in my response to user66 above - I know there will be many others like you and I know a few Citeh fans that I do like. I was merely posting on my general perception of MCFC as it now stands. I think it is unlikely that I am the only one with this perception and I think MCFC should do all it can to combat this perception if it does not want to become a very heavily disliked club over the next few years. Incidents like last nights and those at Villa Park will certainly not help this cause though.

well the villa fans got "attacked" were walking up the road singing manchester is a shithole and your just a shit man utd and barging into people (there was about 15 villa fans) one city fan confronted the villa fan who started the united song and the villa fan swung for him then well the villa fans found what they were looking for and got shown their arses.

when we went villa park this year one of our mates got threatened to "get stabbed" by a villa fan. so make of that what you will.

anyway i enjoyed last night, i was suprised with how many you braught i thought it would have been atleast 5k. i think it will be a tougher game against reading but good luck in the league lads.

well the villa fans got "attacked" were walking up the road singing manchester is a shithole and your just a shit man utd and barging into people (there was about 15 villa fans) one city fan confronted the villa fan who started the united song and the villa fan swung for him then well the villa fans found what they were looking for and got shown their arses.

when we went villa park this year one of our mates got threatened to "get stabbed" by a villa fan. so make of that what you will.

anyway i enjoyed last night, i was suprised with how many you braught i thought it would have been atleast 5k. i think it will be a tougher game against reading but good luck in the league lads.

You were surprised we didn't bring 5k? What like the pathetic 2,300 you took to Stoke in the same round of the competition last year?

Do one.

that was a replay and tickets were not £15.

what have stoke got to do with this anyway? if your gunna compare our f.a cup away attendance why not compare it to the one we took to villa park on a night match in the f.a cup?

that was a replay and tickets were not £15.

what have stoke got to do with this anyway? if your gunna compare our f.a cup away attendance why not compare it to the one we took to villa park on a night match in the f.a cup?

Wasn't that on a weekend? Plus we weren't in the midst of a global recession. But hey ho, who cares, I was there - that's all I can do.

As I said to a couple of stewards on the way out, "hope you win it." Genuinely. Lived in the area for many years and I know what it would mean to the city and the people that have longed for success for the Blues.

What I found interesting was on arrival, we were greeted with 4 or 5 lads telling us we had, had our day out and to **** off home. Very nice welcome. Banter at first, I thought, but they kept going on and on and on. Suppose tickets were cheap last night, a few fans making a trip to the COMS for the first time in years. It's that small mentality that will stop Citeh progressing on to the global stage like a Man Utd or a Liverpool. However, that will pass when you start winning trophies (which you will) and these yobs (which is what they are), won't be able to get tickets anymore.

Good luck to the future, but I'd watch Villa on my own (cheap tickets or not), so how many we brought is quite frankly a poor argument to force when most on here probably went. Up the Villa and good luck for the future.