• Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • A Young (for Bradley 71)
    • Downing (for Delfouneso 71)
    • Walker (for Dunne 83)
    • The fans

I'm in a good mood right now thanks to our brilliant fans at their ground, but all in all I'm extremely disappointed GH didn't give it an honest go. Why go out in the media saying we would have a go, only to shove it in our faces?

Then again, the players put out there didn't show enough spirit. Gabby was just seeing that as day of fun in the park, laughing and **** about.

MOTM, Herd , for his never die attitude.

Awful, surrendered before kick off. Blame the players, blame the manager, i don't really care I just feel sorry for the fans who made the effort to travel up the M6 and were very very short changed. Staying up his priority, well maybe but where do you draw the line? Should the players stay in Manchester now so they don't get worn out travelling back to Bolton on Saturday? Has modern football really got to such a stage where players need to be rested to this extent? If resting players why put important ones on when the game is lost? It just defies logic. Highlights - our fans and ITV trying to pretend it was a contest for so long.

**** Disgraceful

We have a Clown of a manager who sits there showing no passion no drive i cant imagine what the blokes team talks are like

**** Wax Work model is all he is forget the moscow debacle this is worse... If we do not beat bolton the weekend Ged out as far as im concerned Season Over thank god.

Firstly, GH got it completely wrong, we can see what he was aiming for by playing a weakened team but too many changes too soon. He basically conceeded the game and went back on EVERYTHING he said before the match. He best make sure we put one hell of a performance in on Saturday.

Petrov is wank, i cant even be arsed to talk anymore about him.

Gabby is a waste, i feel bad for him as he is being played out on the wing, but even then he was poor in general.

Heskey offered nothing, nothing like the performances we saw at the beginning of the season.

Bradley had a good first half but poor second half, but he was thrown in the deep end having to play a full 90 and along side Gab n Petrov.

But the buck stops with Hou. He made the wrong choice from the start AND he didnt change it when he could.

It makes the Bolton game a whole lot more interesting

The line-up threw the game away. We were never winning with 8 changes and that kind of strength. The only bright spots were Bannan who was the class of the midfield, Clark showed flashes of brilliance at the back and Dunne was very solid. Herd did well in spots. Fonz spent the day feeding off scraps and Delph looked accomplished on the ball.

Bad points. Petrov and Bradley in the centre just weren't up to scratch. Gabby had a better 2nd half but was predictably poor again. Heskey didn't do nearly enough.

All in all it was too predictable as soon as I saw the team sheet and Houllier has done himself no favours at all. Just as he was maybe getting some good will from the fans after the Blackburn game he goes and does this. That, more than anything else, beggars belief.

Absolutely dire. Good first half performance from Bannan. Clark was good imo.

Just terrible though. Moscow II. Commentators said so, the fans knew it. Wish he had told them though before they spent £50 and travelling to watch that absolute dross.

Someone quoted me earlier saying it wasn't a dross side?

At least there was some consistency - Houllier and McAllister sitting there scratching their balls, looking like frightened show ponies.

What the **** was that about?

Look, the reality is that we won't be getting relegated and we won't be getting Europe (thank you Birmingham), the FA cup was all we had left this season, why give up on it like that?

I'd understand resting the team if we were rock bottom, or pushing for a champions league spot, but we're not, we're 12th and not likely to go too far either way.

Houllier really dropped a bollock tonight, we were never going to beat them for technical quality, we should have gone for pace and power, **** it - play route 1 if needs be, and just hit them on the break.

Never looked like scoring. Gabby is shit. Petrov is worse. Ok the team selection threw us a bit but I don't think we'd have won tonight even with a first team out and why ruin the atmosphere by losing with our first team out? Love him or hate him GH is the man and he makes the calls. I'll be glad when the summer comes and he can wheel and deal and get rid of some of the arm waving lazy **** we have at this club.

What the **** was that about?

Look, the reality is that we won't be getting relegated and we won't be getting Europe (thank you Birmingham), the FA cup was all we had left this season, why give up on it like that?

I'd understand resting the team if we were rock bottom, or pushing for a champions league spot, but we're not, we're 12th and not likely to go too far either way.

Houllier really dropped a bollock tonight, we were never going to beat them for technical quality, we should have gone for pace and power, **** it - play route 1 if needs be, and just hit them on the break.

I thought Dunne played ok, I gave him MOTM, I thought Herd played better in the second half also....Maybe it wasn't that hard to play better than he did, but he got stuck in a bit more which I thought he did well.

Petrov...OMG lost for words

Bannan tired, he picked a few wrong balls for me though.

Can't be arsed to type anything about anyone else.

I don't really care about the score, what I care about is not giving us the best chance to go out and win the game. Knowing we had Reading in the next round we had a great chance to get to Wembley.

I said it when MON did it and I will say it the same when GH does it.

"YOU NEED TO GO OUT WITH YOUR BEST TEAM AND TRY TO WIN EVERY GAME."

The players play two games in a week and we have to rest them from Saturday to Saturday, it ridiculous. Other teams may rest one or two player or even three but leave the core of the team in tacked. I won't support this sort of decision no matter who the manager is.

I want the Villa to win every game and putting that team out against a strong Man City team was for me GH's worst decision so far and he has made a few. Must do better against Bolton.

I thought Petrov, Agbonlahor and Heskey were disgraceful. Lack of ability and effort.

Bradley tried hard, but was rubbish.

Bannan deserves a pat on the back, worked his socks off and tried to inspire the senior players but a lack of movement everywhere meant that when he attempted an ambitious ball, he would occasionally lose possession. Delph likewise, credit for playing out of position and working hard.

Delfouneso has a habit of doing something brilliant on the ball and then losing touch of the game for 15 minutes. Still young, but clearly needs work.

Ethan Moore was out of this world.

Probably should draw a line under this and move on. Very disappointed - my main issue is the poor individual performances of the senior players. Everyone else is mentioning them so I won't bother.

I also question how much that team praticed together in training this week as it looked like a lot of strangers rather than a team out there tonight, for which Houllier is fully accountable for.

The fans were fantastic and deserved better.

Â