Trains

Ulver

I've done Everton and Liverpool away in the past, but this time it'll be train to Lime Street, and taxi to ground after some beers

What's the best way to get back from ground to Lime Street after game?

You could get a train from Kirkdale (closest train station to Goodison & Anfield) to Liverpool Central (next to Clayton Square, just down the road from Lime Street). If you're wondering, no there isn't a train from Kirkdale that goes to Lime Street.

I've never done that before myself though, so don't know what it would be like for tickets - I wouldn't be surprised though if it's like at Aston & Witton, where they check tickets on the journey in but not the journey out.

Don't have a clue about Buses though...I'll be walking in from town and back again :D

There is a soccer bus running from to sandhill train station to the ground. You can get to sandhill from liverpool central station (2 min walk from lime st, also not far from concert square if drinking beforehand/after). Went to a few games when at uni (few yrs ago) as a neutral fan and never saw any trouble with home and away fans both on there.

• 2 weeks later...
About 6quid Ive read mate. It sounds like a pain to get to this place, Train to lime st, walk to liverpool central, train to sandhill, bus to goodison..

I know balls to that I'm going on the train from Stafford to Lime St. then I'll probably just jump in a cab and split the cost with my mates won't be that much.

There's a Wetherspoons not far from Lime Street with a taxi rank outside. I've shared taxis with Everton fans in the past to keep the cost down. They're generally a sound bunch.

talking about trains, i've just booked the 12.00 Virgin train from Bham New Street to Liverpool Lime Street (direct), and for some reason 1st class was cheaper that a standard ticket.

woohoo, my first time in 1st class. it better be nice!

arriving at 1.43pm, so will have to get drunk on the train, as won't have much time afterwards :)

I've been in Liverpool this last week, and visited Anfield via train - Liverpool Central to Kirkdale. It was only £2 return...but is still a 20-ish in walk from there to the ground! so must be about the same to Goodison. Taxi does sound the best bet, wouldnt fancy relying on buses

Â