Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Some shamelessly selective quoting from the start of this thread: :lol:

Hutton is good imo, will be a good signing if so.

Yes, I'd take him.

Probably the best 'available' right back out there.

Rather Walker, but Id take Hutton.

There is plenty to admire about his game, he is a genuine attacking RB and the way modern football is today you need at least one of your fullbacks comfortable further up the pitch.

I can't believe some of you actually think Walker is better then Hutton. Hutton has been very good the past two seasons, he is experienced while still being relatively young. He goes forward just as well as Walker and delivers better crosses, his defensive positioning is good not many wingers have gotten to him this season.

I like Walker but come off it lads - Hutton is clearly a better RB than him at this stage of his career because he has a wealth of experience more than him. Defensively he is twice the player of Walker as things stand.

Wouldnt mind this at all.

3mil is a great deal. Better than all our other fullbacks.

Yes Please! Hutton was outstanding at times last year. He created and scored some good goals. The fact that Spurs paid £9m for him, he has a year left on his contract and that he is only 26 mean I'd defo go for him!!

He is a very good attacking right back

At 3m i dont think you can go wrong. Certainly a better RB than either Lichaj or Cuellar.

Dont see the problem with this one either, he's a very solid experienced player, he defends well and at times his forward play could match that of Walkers, granted Walker will no doubt continue to get better but Alan Hutton is a good player and much better than what we have

I'd be happy with this signing. He's a good player

Would like him, can see him in a villa shirt.

At £3m Hutton could be a bit of a bargain, and at 26 he's certainly got time on his side.

At £3m squid, sheesh what a bargain.

I like him, I think he has a good balance between his attacking and defensive play, he scored a pretty good goal last season for Spurs if I recall correctly and he can cross the ball too. I'd have him in a heartbeat

The fact is, defenders are the to defend, and if we get Hutton, I'll be more than happy.

Sign him up, solid player, dependable and will do a good job. Would be pleased with this bit of business.

he'll be a good addition to the squad imo, i rate him

I think he's probably better than Young at RB, so a good signing in theory for 5 mil at 26 IMO.

If anyone knows how to get the best out of him, then McLeish does.

I wouldn't mind us signing Hutton at all. I think Big Mac will get the best out of him.

There really isn't much in it between Hutton and Corluka and both a good players.

This would be a great signing if we could just get Habib Beye off the pay roll and would leave us with Hutton and Warnock as first choice

Don't see it given the comments but would really like Hutton here.

I'd have Hutton here like a shot

If Luke Young gets injured we can play Carlos Ceullar there.

There are other areas of the squad that need far more urgent attention than RB such as LB for instance as we have only got one and there are rather large question marks over his future and form.

So I wouldn't be looking for a RB but if we are going to look for a RB I would want it to be either an experienced RB significantly better than Young (Hutton isn't that player) or a very good young talent better than Lichaj who could take over from Young in 12 months (Hutton isn't that player).

So all in all I don't see the benefit in signing Hutton and I wouldn't particuarly welcome it.

You missed mine ;)

Some shamelessly selective quoting from the start of this thread: :lol:

I like Walker but come off it lads - Hutton is clearly a better RB than him at this stage of his career because he has a wealth of experience more than him. Defensively he is twice the player of Walker as things stand.

dc4nrp.gif

Sold darren bent.

You really should apply some context to your sentence before putting comments like that!

I just very nearly had a heart attack as I thought WE had Darren Bent.

My near heart attack was a close call but i'm afraid you now owe me some new underwear as i seem to have shat myself :evil:

Sold darren bent.

You really should apply some context to your sentence before putting comments like that!

My near heart attack was a close call but i'm afraid you now owe me some new underwear as i seem to have shat myself :evil:

Sorry, should have put it in quotes :lol:

Sold darren bent.

Your 'sorry' isn't going to clean my underwear lol.

Sold darren bent.

Your 'sorry' isn't going to clean my underwear lol.

lol.

Â