Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On 14/10/2017 at 21:20, markavfc40 said:

He was excellent. If every player applied themselves like he did we would be far better than we are.

Ability wise he is a 6/10 but every time he plays is 10 out of 10 for effort.

Sorry mark but excellent would have meant

1- His positioning not having to have Adomah play behind him on numerous occasions.

2- at least 80% of his throw ins finding a Villa player (who had a chance at either keeping possesion or a pass)

3- 80% of his forward runs/passes coming to something or finding a Villa player.

2 & 3 he didnt even manage a 2/10 average

Absolute dog-shyte player whos only trait is that he has the selfrespect to give his best effort for a well paid job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Watching him is like 2 sides of a story.

He tried really hard, and he did some eye-catching things which makes you stand up and cheer.

On the flip side..

He wouldn't have had to do those eye catching things if he was in the right position, and when he did attack well and get the ball in their half, his final ball let him down so ultimately - what was the point?  May as well have stayed back and given support to Albert to allow him to do his thing.  I saw Albert at left back more than I saw Hutton - is that because Hutton cannot get back now?  Or is it because he's always out of position?  Either way, it's a weakness in the team.  The first goal came from a cross on his side, but the attacker was given far too much space.  

The really good run he went on, where he took the ball through 3 wolves players and opened up space in the box resulted in him trying a left footed cross which was a yard behind everyone (we have 2 or 3 players in the box at the time too) - it's wasteful and leads to Wolves countering whilst we don't have a left back.  

If he was a good final ball, he'd be useful, but he just doesn't.

Absolutely no questioning his effort and he did play ok - but he positional awareness is very poor and exposes a weakness in our team and his final ball is so bad (so often) that we just turn over possession and allow teams to counter us whilst Hutton doesn't have the legs to get back quickly enough.  That alone makes him a liability and I fully expect to see Taylor back in as soon as he's available. 

perfect summary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, poitier said:

Typical deflection tactics - where did you say the RB was again?

You don't need to add a caveat, just don't say things that are wrong in the first place.

What ARE you on about? :crylaugh: 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What ARE you on about? :crylaugh: 

Tbf, even if the other points are correct, his last ditch tackles were not at all down to him being out of position, which was the only point he was countering.

He had a poor game going forward (as usual), but those challenges stopped us from getting a proper hiding, so it's not unusual to see him get a bit of praise for that. If you don't like or rate a player it doesn't mean everything they do is bad, and totally dismissing any of the good bits makes the argument lose all balance and simply become a bit of a witch hunt 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poitier said:

I picked Lapal up on something that he said, he could have answered but chose to respond like a condescending jerk instead, naturally that provoked a response.

I think you picked Lapal up on something he didn't say, but you inferred. Which was his point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poitier said:

I picked Lapal up on something that he said, he could have answered but chose to respond like a condescending jerk instead, naturally that provoked a response.

You mention condescension and yet your reply to my post (which didn't include you personally, in any way) is:

"So running all the way over from LB position to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle on a player coming though the right side of our defence was down to his bad positional play? Where was the RB as the the CB's were hopelessly outpaced? Dunno, but blame Hutton."

You quoted my post, which neglected to include that good tackle (because it wouldn't help my argument) and then told me that I did.

I'm not bothered about not being right, I was just airing my views on his overall contribution to Aston Villa.  So I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.  Particularly ones that I purposefully left out.

And then there's the stuff about me being condescending, when I think your post was full of it.

But we're big boys and we're villa fans so I'm sure this just a 1 off.

I have quite much sympathie for him after we put him in the bomb squad. And I like his attitude. But he is still a limited player, in the first minutes against Wolves he had a couple of horror passes where instead of making us move forward, he gifted Wolves two dangerous chances. Then in the following minute he caused a stupid free kick that almost led to a goal, that kind of set the tone and summed him up. Yes he had one or two trade mark runs which were fun to watch and he made a last ditch tackle at one point, so he clearly has moments of brilliance. But it doens't compensate the fact that he is a limited fotballer who is partly at fault to why we don't win possession or play any good football, simply because he is not very good at playing football. Thanks for your good attitude and hard work, but you can leave for a free in the January transfer window (and you can take Gabby, Richards and the manager with you). 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You mention condescension and yet your reply to my post (which didn't include you personally, in any way) is:

"So running all the way over from LB position to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle on a player coming though the right side of our defence was down to his bad positional play? Where was the RB as the the CB's were hopelessly outpaced? Dunno, but blame Hutton."

You quoted my post, which neglected to include that good tackle (because it wouldn't help my argument) and then told me that I did.

I'm not bothered about not being right, I was just airing my views on his overall contribution to Aston Villa.  So I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.  Particularly ones that I purposefully left out.

And then there's the stuff about me being condescending, when I think your post was full of it.

But we're big boys and we're villa fans so I'm sure this just a 1 off.

Lapal_fan, i've never had any problem with you before, let's just chalk this up as a misunderstanding and move on, apologies for any derogatory comments.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have quite much sympathie for him after we put him in the bomb squad. And I like his attitude. But he is still a limited player, in the first minutes against Wolves he had a couple of horror passes where instead of making us move forward, he gifted Wolves two dangerous chances. Then in the following minute he caused a stupid free kick that almost led to a goal, that kind of set the tone and summed him up. Yes he had one or two trade mark runs which were fun to watch and he made a last ditch tackle at one point, so he clearly has moments of brilliance. But it doens't compensate the fact that he is a limited fotballer who is partly at fault to why we don't win possession or play any good football, simply because he is not very good at playing football. Thanks for your good attitude and hard work, but you can leave for a free in the January transfer window (and you can take Gabby, Richards and the manager with you)

You are being very optimistic there. :)

22 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have quite much sympathie for him after we put him in the bomb squad. And I like his attitude. But he is still a limited player, in the first minutes against Wolves he had a couple of horror passes where instead of making us move forward, he gifted Wolves two dangerous chances. Then in the following minute he caused a stupid free kick that almost led to a goal, that kind of set the tone and summed him up. Yes he had one or two trade mark runs which were fun to watch and he made a last ditch tackle at one point, so he clearly has moments of brilliance. But it doens't compensate the fact that he is a limited fotballer who is partly at fault to why we don't win possession or play any good football, simply because he is not very good at playing football. Thanks for your good attitude and hard work, but you can leave for a free in the January transfer window (and you can take Gabby, Richards and the manager with you). 

I agree

but sadly you can extend that view to others, maybe not quite as obvious, but limited non the less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He got destroyed by Fredericks today, RDL should be in there.

For getting destroyed by Fredericks, see Amavi last season at their place. Sure, Hutton got beaten a few times but i thought he did ok for the most part, stopped the ball coming in on several occasions, he's a good player that Fulham lad.

• Like 2

Â