Alan Hutton

Rich_D

53 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Did well but get him out the team asap. Bad luck charm.

Yes he's a jinx. We always loose when he plays. He made two very good goal saving tackles when he normally would give penalties away. I just don't like him in the team though. How are we ever  going to get rid of him when he plays well and we loose? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Watching him is like 2 sides of a story.

He tried really hard, and he did some eye-catching things which makes you stand up and cheer.

On the flip side..

He wouldn't have had to do those eye catching things if he was in the right position, and when he did attack well and get the ball in their half, his final ball let him down so ultimately - what was the point?  May as well have stayed back and given support to Albert to allow him to do his thing.  I saw Albert at left back more than I saw Hutton - is that because Hutton cannot get back now?  Or is it because he's always out of position?  Either way, it's a weakness in the team.  The first goal came from a cross on his side, but the attacker was given far too much space.  

The really good run he went on, where he took the ball through 3 wolves players and opened up space in the box resulted in him trying a left footed cross which was a yard behind everyone (we have 2 or 3 players in the box at the time too) - it's wasteful and leads to Wolves countering whilst we don't have a left back.  

If he was a good final ball, he'd be useful, but he just doesn't.

Absolutely no questioning his effort and he did play ok - but he positional awareness is very poor and exposes a weakness in our team and his final ball is so bad (so often) that we just turn over possession and allow teams to counter us whilst Hutton doesn't have the legs to get back quickly enough.  That alone makes him a liability and I fully expect to see Taylor back in as soon as he's available. 

Pretty much sums it up.

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He wouldn't have had to do those eye catching things if he was in the right position,

So running all the way over from LB position to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle on a player coming though the right side of our defence was down to his bad positional play? Where was the RB as the the CB's were hopelessly outpaced? Dunno, but blame Hutton.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

So running all the way over from LB position to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle on a player coming though the right side of our defence was down to his bad positional play? Where was the RB as the the CB's were hopelessly outpaced? Dunno, but blame Hutton.

If that's all the information you got out of my post then I can't help you. 

If I was put in a professional football team 200/300 odd times, you'd get a decent highlights package out of me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If that's all the information you got out of my post then I can't help you. 

If I was put in a professional football team 200/300 odd times, you'd get a decent highlights package out of me. 

I don't need you to help me, thanks.

13 minutes ago, poitier said:

Maybe you should go back and re-read your post if you are suggesting that you didn't say that.

I'll be sure to add the follow caveat to everyone of my posts in the future;

*needless to say, the footballer did somethings right (which I already said in the post) which will probably contradict the overall tone of this post, because I can't list every moment of that players career/game 

So yea - there you go, hope you can understand better now. 

30 minutes ago, poitier said:

Typical deflection tactics - where did you say the RB was again?

You don't need to add a caveat, just don't say things that are wrong in the first place.

I haven't said where the RB was at all in the instance you're talking about (because I didn't mention that incident), so I have no idea what you're talking about.

On 14/10/2017 at 21:10, tonyh29 said:

He made some great last ditch tackles and couple of decent forward runs

that resulted in nothing other than a loss of possesion

trouble is his positioning meant that Adomah spent most of the game as a left back instead of as a left winger 

The exact reason why he is a shit player and should never be selected

not Huttons  fault , just an observation on why we created so little today 

absolutely Huttons fault that nothing came from our left and a lot came from their right.

The reason why Taylor is so important to us is that he is a LB who plays at LB

On 15/10/2017 at 13:41, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the fact he did some good last ditch challenges has masked how poor he was overall and how it affected the shape of the team.

This^

But in his defence he was out of position so it was almost expected.  

Half the team „play out of position“

It's shambolic that our second option left back is our worst right back. 

No truer words have been spoken

Â