Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I little unfair to slag him today. Ok he is not the best, but as said in another thread obviously knackered today after playing in every game over the Christmas period.

Then stop charging up the fricking pitch every 5 seconds.
Even when we got back to 2-2 I was thinking he would settle down, count his blessings and try to go unnoticed.

Next thing, he's charging 80 yards up the pitch when our CBs are in possession of the ball under pressure. Staggering.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Then stop charging up the fricking pitch every 5 seconds.
Even when we got back to 2-2 I was thinking he would settle down, count his blessings and try to go unnoticed.

Next thing, he's charging 80 yards up the pitch when our CBs are in possession of the ball under pressure. Staggering.

Yep - With quality wingers ahead of him no need to play so high up the pitch. Get defenders defending and forwards going forward.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I little unfair to slag him today. Ok he is not the best, but as said in another thread obviously knackered today after playing in every game over the Christmas period.

I tell you what, if he is tired how about he doesn’t bomb forward? And how about he makes sure he is in the right starting position so he doesn’t get caught out?

The goal today was just like the goal against WBA where he was caught day dreaming out of position on a quick counter as he had a nap on near the half way line.

The guy is just a liability, I’m tired of hearing excuses for him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Think the cup game will one of his last. Every team goes down his side, whichever that is. 

is it any wonder when he has the " scottish Cafu" ringing in his ears?

If they were screaming " George Cummings" at him, he might look him up and defend.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Awful performance again, out of position for the goal, needs to be dropped 

He was definitely out of position for the goal, but is that all him or the system too? Consider that the ball was squared to our right, and our right back was also out of position. 

I don't think it's coincidence that both full backs are out of position, we're just generally poor in transition when giving up possession, that's a system issue IMO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

He was definitely out of position for the goal, but is that all him or the system too? Consider that the ball was squared to our right, and our right back was also out of position. 

I don't think it's coincidence that both full backs are out of position, we're just generally poor in transition when giving up possession, that's a system issue IMO. 

Spot on. These problems that many want to attribute to Hutton will not just disappear when he isn't in the team.

• Thanks 1

He’s 34 years old and he’s played 174 times for us according to wiki, I can’t understand the stick he gets on here and at matches, he always gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve, one of my favourite players 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s 34 years old and he’s played 174 times for us according to wiki, I can’t understand the stick he gets on here and at matches, he always gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve, one of my favourite players 

He gets hopelessly exposed multiple times a game. Gives his man way too much space. Runs down the flank like Usain Bolt and then when we lose the ball tracks back like my Nan. 

He has been a committed player, didn't seem to moan when he got bombed out and has had good spells but his time needs to be up. Not even close to competent anymore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Avcol said:

He gets hopelessly exposed multiple times a game. Gives his man way too much space. Runs down the flank like Usain Bolt and then when we lose the ball tracks back like my Nan. 

He has been a committed player, didn't seem to moan when he got bombed out and has had good spells but his time needs to be up. Not even close to competent anymore.

I think that’s a bit unfair on Hutton, he always gives 100% and that’s all that can asked of any given player. Yes, he’s not the most gifted player, I don’t know why he gets so much so much stick on here and at matches. For me, he’s a legend now, according to wiki, he’s played 173 times for us, he’s our longest serving player in the current squad, I love him

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that’s a bit unfair on Hutton, he always gives 100% and that’s all that can asked of any given player. Yes, he’s not the most gifted player, I don’t know why he gets so much so much stick on here and at matches. For me, he’s a legend now, according to wiki, he’s played 173 times for us, he’s our longest serving player in the current squad, I love him

Legend? Always gives 100%?

I give up.

• Like 4

Â