Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Hopefully our defence what we have rite now will play ok against swansea and make up for our humiliation against Leeds..

If there are mistakes from now on with any defenders, I fear players will be crucified. The Leeds game was last straw I think with many asking for a brand new set of players in defence. the likes of elmo, taylor, chester and hutton were once pulling good defensive performances months and months ago only to see them go the other way and go pretty poor, especially over past few weeks.

• Like 1

It’s relatively easy to defend when the whole team is set up to avoid conceding as opposed to actually trying to score goals and win a game.

The base limiting factors of some players (Elmo, Taylor, Hutton) and our squad (centre back and left back cover) are now becoming apparent when they are actually asked to play Football.

some may argue that Smith should be realistic and set his team more defensively. In the short term that might be sensible but in the Long run it’s counterproductive to trying to introduce a completely different and far more progressive style of play.

I applaud Smith for what he’s trying to do and  think that come mid Jan we will be far more comfortable re the play off spots.

Automatic was always a pipe dream considering the severe structural issues and abysmal start that Bruce left us with. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Hutton is being asked to play a supporting left back. He will overlap the left midfielder as that's part of his job. It's down to someone else to cover if he's attacking. 

That's what happens with attacking play, I know it's been a while since we played like that but he is NOT out of position.

Doing just that again he crossed for our goal, unless people want to moan he was out of position for that ?

Good post, not many people will argue with that today. 

Well done again Aldo, Still a vital cog in this team yet.  :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

He was absolutely **** screaming for the ball from Bolasie. All the way up and past him, bellowing for it.

Then produced probably the best left foot clip of his career.

Good defending from set pieces again. There's only him and Tammy with any height in the side, so they play a big role from corners and fks.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 20:00, Tomaszk said:

He was absolutely **** screaming for the ball from Bolasie. All the way up and past him, bellowing for it.

Then produced probably the best left foot clip of his career.

Good defending from set pieces again. There's only him and Tammy with any height in the side, so they play a big role from corners and fks.

Yes, his role is normally losing his man.

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why is he positioning himself as a cb when he defends?

Have thought this before when he has had to make a last ditch lunge to block a shot on goal from the winger. Unfortunately many people see the last ditch challenge and laud him for that rather than see that his positing was s**t in the first place, and had it been right he wouldn't even need to make one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Have thought this before when he has had to make a last ditch lunge to block a shot on goal from the winger. Unfortunately many people see the last ditch challenge and laud him for that rather than see that his positing was s**t in the first place, and had it been right he wouldn't even need to make one. 

I think that is the basis of a lot of the debate on Hutton.

The best defenders are those that come off a pitch without mud on their shorts because the best defenders don’t need to go to ground.

Just now, villa89 said:

He's been shite since he joined. Awful, awful player. Shameful he's been at the club so long. 

What is really shameful is that some consider him some sort of icon or legend. He is absolutely rubbish.

As for the myth about how hard he works, I’ve said it a hundred times, he only sprints one way.

Â