Alan Hutton

Rich_D

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was not at the races today. He was playing more CB than LB if you didn't know any better.

Time after time he left the LB area bare and out of position and got away with it a few times.

As I say, not his best performance but as @OutByEaster? says, he is good enough at this level and for the remainder of the season until someone better is brought in for that position.

He's really not good enough for this level.

The only tactical tweak Bielsa seemed to make at half time was bringing on that winger and telling his widemen to hug the touchline. Both Hutton and Elmo were coming so narrow there was acres of space.

Every match it's the same. West Brom another prime example.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I've said before his positioning is terrible. For a full back he plays too centrally giving the wide players too much space, no denying his determination but needs replacing. 

We were trying to catch them offside and he was also the wrong side of his man most of the time today. Letting that Macedonian guy get goal side time after time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's really not good enough for this level.

The only tactical tweak Bielsa seemed to make at half time was bringing on that winger and telling his widemen to hug the touchline. Both Hutton and Elmo were coming so narrow there was acres of space.

Every match it's the same. West Brom another prime example.

Yeah, I wouldn't even say Bielsa outsmarted us because it's so blatantly obvious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Garbage him and Elmo need to be removed from this squad. They still stench of bruce on this side and as well as nyland the pathetic weak links of the team letting the fans, and thwir team mates down week in and out.

Hutton was here long before Bruce, but Elmo and Nyland though yep I agree.

In time they will all be replaced.  :thumb:

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hutton was here long before Bruce, but Elmo and Nyland though yep I agree.

In time they will all be replaced.  :thumb:

Hopefully come January. I DON'T wnat his contract extended again come the summer.his time is up. Thanks for the service but we need to build for future.

Thought Hutton had a poor game.

His direct opponent (Alioski) managed to get 13 crosses in which just highlights how poor Hutton was never mind he was very lucky not to give a penalty away.

Needs to eventually be replaced but we don't have many other options at the moment.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm never been Hutton's biggest fan but I don't think he is the problem. At 34 he shouldn't be playing every game and shouldn't be filling in at left back because of lack of options there. 

Spot on.

The fact he does play every match tells you part of a story, why we are still down here.

When he is good he is very good, when he is bad he is awful....that's what you get when most players get old, inconsistency, just like young players.

We need more 23-28 year olds

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Spot on.

The fact he does play every match tells you part of a story, why we are still down here.

When he is good he is very good, when he is bad he is awful....that's what you get when most players get old, inconsistency, just like young players.

Couldn’t agree more

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Spot on.

I honestly don’t ever think I’ve ever thought he has been really good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I honestly don’t ever think I’ve ever thought he has been really good.

He’s a cult hero for me, gives his all for the shirt, never moans, just gets on with his job. I’d love to meet him, he isn’t the best technically but he’d die for this club

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a cult hero for me, gives his all for the shirt, never moans, just gets on with his job. I’d love to meet him, he isn’t the best technically but he’d die for this club

Agreed. Unfortunately he’s also crap.

• Like 1

Â