Alan Hutton

Rich_D

At the best of times he was 10 meters from the guy he was supposed to be marking, playing way too narrow.

Lucky not to cause at least 1 penalty.

Lost his guy time and time again.

Thanks to Elmo he still wasn't the worst wide defender on the pitch.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sne said:

At the best of times he was 10 meters from the guy he was supposed to be marking, playing way too narrow.

Lucky not to cause at least 1 penalty.

Lost his guy time and time again.

Thanks to Elmo he still wasn't the worst wide defender on the pitch.

I agree with you sne, apart from the bit about "losing his guy". He never ever "had" his man so he couldn't lose him.

Marking from 5/10 metres away is something that Hutton has invented and it costs us far too much!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not the future of the club, but right now he's a better left back than Taylor

I actually think Taylor is better than him. Dont get me wrong Taylor is shit, but Hutton is on a whole another level of shit

• Like 1

Hutton just isn't better than Taylor at left back. I know we don't rate Taylor and God loves a trier but Hutton isn't a better option. Taylor simply through being left footed alone is a better option as Hutton being shoehorned there completely disrupts the balance. And he's also absolutely garbage.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not the future of the club, but right now he's a better left back than Taylor and a better right back than Elmohamady.

In terms of where we want to be, he's not the answer, but in the context of our defence, for this season, he's good enough.

Correct.

Happily see Bree appear ahead of him if the rest of defence gets up to scratch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Hutton just isn't better than Taylor at left back. I know we don't rate Taylor and God loves a trier but Hutton isn't a better option.

Yes he is.

Fight, fight, fight.

• Like 1

He was not at the races today. He was playing more CB than LB if you didn't know any better.

Time after time he left the LB area bare and out of position and got away with it a few times.

As I say, not his best performance but as @OutByEaster? says, he is good enough at this level and for the remainder of the season until someone better is brought in for that position.

He stops nothing at full back. If an opposition player is on the wing, you can virtually guarantee an easy delivery will be offered on a plate. That, or he will be totally skinned for pace. Too old too slow and simply not good enough. Should have been shipped out years ago.

Â