Alan Hutton

Rich_D

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I honestly think we need to sign an RB and an LB. Elmo is average and makes mistakes, Hutton is poor tbh, and Taylor is poor. They’re all mid-table champ level, and we need better to push up the table. 

We could do with a better RB i agree but not immediately. We're well stocked in that department with Hutton,Elmo, Bree (Even Mitch Clark can play across the backline if needed). GK,LB,CB and maybe a CM/CDM before for that for me. I think we will be fine waiting until the summer for that position.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I honestly think we need to sign an RB and an LB. Elmo is average and makes mistakes, Hutton is poor tbh, and Taylor is poor. They’re all mid-table champ level, and we need better to push up the table. 

I agree ideally.

But considering this will be the January window and priorities elsewhere, I do think Hutton is good enough (though far from ideal) for the rest of this season. LB should be the priority because Taylor is not good enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree ideally.

But considering this will be the January window and priorities elsewhere, I do think Hutton is good enough (though far from ideal) for the rest of this season. LB should be the priority because Taylor is not good enough.

He is still better than Hutton at left back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is still better than Hutton at left back. 

I disagree. But there's not much in it. They're both crap (imo)

Either way we need a LB.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree. But there's not much in it. They're both crap (imo)

Either way we need a LB.

True. I still think it’s scandalous we’ve gone 3 transfer windows now with one recognised left back in the squad.

appreciate one should have signed in the summer.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Link?

Ok it’s an assumption as he plays Taylor there over Hutton. Yes maybe it’s because he thinks Hutton is a lot better than Elmo at right back but it’s hard to tell. 

Dont get me wrong, I don’t think Taylor is a good player. I just think we look more balanced when he is playing there. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok it’s an assumption as he plays Taylor there over Hutton. Yes maybe it’s because he thinks Hutton is a lot better than Elmo at right back but it’s hard to tell. 

Dont get me wrong, I don’t think Taylor is a good player. I just think we look more balanced when he is playing there. 

No chap, he plays Taylor there as he is possibly trying to play everyone in their correct positions (fair enough). I would still say that natural RB Alan Hutton is a better LB than our natural LB Taylor.

I think some of the cristism on here of Hutton is just nonsense.

I said it the other day. We would be screwed this season had we not had Hutton.

So far he has played at RB, LB and CB.

Not bad for a "shit" fullback imo.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No chap, he plays Taylor there as he is possibly trying to play everyone in their correct positions (fair enough). I would still say that natural RB Alan Hutton is a better LB than our natural LB Taylor.

I think some of the cristism on here of Hutton is just nonsense.

I said it the other day. We would be screwed this season had we not had Hutton.

So far he has played at RB, LB and CB.

Not bad for a "shit" fullback imo.

I agree criticism of Hutton is over the top. But the criticism of Taylor is on another planet. 

Both need to be replaced next season though. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree criticism of Hutton is over the top. But the criticism of Taylor is on another planet. 

Both need to be replaced next season though. 

I think the critism of Taylor has been accurate imo.

I was excited when he signed as I thought he was a great LB, however since his long injury and has not came back the same player and I don't think he will reach that stage again. I agree HE (Taylor) does need replaced.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â