Alan Hutton

Rich_D

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Standard Alan Hutton you say?

(any excuse)

Omg that's two times in two games now he has fell over, does he have two left feet??

It's as bad as titus oniel on see who often falls over.

The back line at villa is showing as really weak.

On 15/12/2018 at 06:29, DaveAV1 said:

Big Al is storming Sky GOTM on 73%. Lots of replays coming for the Noses to enjoy. Come May it will be goal of the season too, unless he surpasses it at The Sty 😀

As good as it was, it's not even the best goal Aston Villa have scored this season.

I'd be very surprised if McGinn's volley is surpassed. It's one of the best strikes I've ever seen.

• Like 4

On 17/12/2018 at 10:20, Stevo985 said:

As good as it was, it's not even the best goal Aston Villa have scored this season.

I'd be very surprised if McGinn's volley is surpassed. It's one of the best strikes I've ever seen.

You’re probably right quality wise, but the context in which AH scored gives it a higher profile and importance. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I dare not imagine the mess we would be in this season defensively had Hutton not been granted a further 1 yr extension.

The sooner the fans and coaches realise that the likes of Hutton is not good enough for promotion the sooner we will get promoted

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I dare not imagine the mess we would be in this season defensively had Hutton not been granted a further 1 yr extension.

I don't think it would have made much difference to be honest.

We'd probably be regularly playing Elmo at RB and Taylor at LB. Which is really not a whole lot different.

We'd just have a bit less depth, especially now Taylor is out.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Strangely I do think he’s better at LB... odd I know, but I think it perhaps means he’s less comfortable and therefore thinks more about his positioning. Which is what often lets him down on the right. 

I do as well. I've said for a while that I think our best team is him at LB and Elmo at RB.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do as well. I've said for a while that I think our best team is him at LB and Elmo at RB.

Whilst I agree, both were guilty of criminal errors leading up to the goals conceded on Saturday.

Is there any chance of Richie De Laet returning in January and does anyone think he has a future here? From what I saw in pre-season he looked the stand out performer.

Regardless, I think the majority of Villa Talk are in agreement that both positions need strengthening ASAP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Hutton is bang average , the amount of times this guy is half a yard off his man allowing a cross our he has to recover with a last ditch effort is incredible , i also think he offers very little going forward other than the odd suprise.

Surprised to see you say that after your bang average attempt to tackle him during his goal of the millennia in the recent derby. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it would have made much difference to be honest.

We'd probably be regularly playing Elmo at RB and Taylor at LB. Which is really not a whole lot different.

We'd just have a bit less depth, especially now Taylor is out.

I hear you Stevo, and I look at it that if he had not signed the extension and now Taylor also injured..  we would be completely bare in the LB dept in an already fragile and bare defence with no one to cover either.

That is the main frieghtening bit given we are entering the crucial stage of the season.

I understand many do not rate him which is fair enough, but I would hazard a guess that many of these same folk would be first to suggest "if only we had kept Hutton on for one last year" once they realised Taylor is injured and no one to fill in that position. - but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hear you Stevo, and I look at it that if he had not signed the extension and now Taylor also injured..  we would be completely bare in the LB dept in an already fragile and bare defence with no one to cover either.

That is the main frieghtening bit given we are entering the crucial stage of the season.

I understand many do not rate him which is fair enough, but I would hazard a guess that many of these same folk would be first to suggest "if only we had kept Hutton on for one last year" once they realised Taylor is injured and no one to fill in that position. - but I could be wrong.

I'd also argue that had we not had Hutton for this year, then signing a left back would have been made even more of a priority. So there's a chance we'd have ended up with another LB anyway.

Edited by Stevo985

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I still rather we sign a  left back and see Hutton at right back. 

I honestly think we need to sign an RB and an LB. Elmo is average and makes mistakes, Hutton is poor tbh, and Taylor is poor. They’re all mid-table champ level, and we need better to push up the table. 

• Like 2

Â