Alan Hutton

Rich_D

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well going by your poor narrative of Axel Tuanzebe, you've made it impossible to take your judgement of players seriously sadly.

I think I was pretty open and honest about Tuanzebe. Including the bit where I said I was wrong about his potential at Centreback and being over the moon that he's proving me wrong.

The difference is we hadn't seen Tuanzebe at Centreback so all I had to go on was his performances out of position. Which were garbage. I even said at the time that I fully acknowledged he might be much better at CB, I just hadn't seen it so had nothing to go on but blind hope in that regard.

Whereas I've seen Alan Hutton play in his natural position hundreds of times so feel pretty well informed when I say he's quite shit.

Some would say that you hyping a young CB to be the next Paul McGrath after 3 or 4 good games in the Championship would make it equally hard to take your judgement seriously... but that's just me

1178438.jpg

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I was pretty open and honest about Tuanzebe. Including the bit where I said I was wrong about his potential at Centreback and being over the moon that he's proving me wrong.

The difference is we hadn't seen Tuanzebe at Centreback so all I had to go on was his performances out of position. Which were garbage. I even said at the time that I fully acknowledged he might be much better at CB, I just hadn't seen it so had nothing to go on but blind hope in that regard.

Whereas I've seen Alan Hutton play in his natural position hundreds of times so feel pretty well informed when I say he's quite shit.

Some would say that you hyping a young CB to be the next Paul McGrath after 3 or 4 good games in the Championship would make it equally hard to take your judgement seriously... but that's just me

1178438.jpg

Apologies if that came across different, I should've put a wee smiley face at the end as was meant as more of a tongue in cheek. 

But hey, I agree him (Tuanzebe) getting played out of position was very frustrating to watch and accept it also didn't look good to those that where witnessing him for the first time either.

Moving back to Aldo, I would say he is not as effective in his natural right back position anymore and hasn't been for a few years now imho.

At leftback though I believe he has been very effective and I think that is where he needs to be until the end of the season personally whilst finding a replacement for Taylor in January ideally and who will go on to replace Hutton eventually too.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Because he thinks he is the best RB we have, he might well be, I trust Smith’s judgement. Doesn’t mean I have to think Hutton is any good or ignore the errors he makes.

I didn't say that it did. 

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Alan makes his 5th consecutive duff pass. Go on Alan!
Alan puts one into the stands again. Go on Alan!
Alan runs 90 yards into their fullback. Go on Alan!
Alan jogs back whilst we are broke on after losing the ball again. Go on Alan!
Alan puts another nothing ball straight to their centre backs head. Go on Alan lad!!!!

Anyone else underhits one single pass.

schemer.PNG

Or gives away a stupid free kick near our penalty area....

He seems loyal and works hard, so I don't really like to criticize him or other villa players who work hard and do their best, with a good attitude. I think he has improved much the last years, but for me he is still not a player I want to have in the team. He is a kick and runner, not a footballer, it's like I described Bacuna, he doesn't pass the ball, he kicks it towards his team mates. I think Hutton has contributed to us not having had a settled passing oriented playing style, as he is too limited in that, he could as well close his eyes when he hoofs it or kicks it in the channels. As has been said several times, his marauding runs seldom brings any end product, perhaps a free kick when he charges into opponents, but in most cases it leaves us exposed at the back instead. His positional sense is quite bad and often gets caught out, and tries to rectify that by making a harsch tackle, which often gives the opponents a good scoring opportunity. I would like to see stats on how many free kicks he gives away near our penalty area or how many penalites he has given away. Not surprising that the goal in the play off final came after mistakes by Hutton. Then there is the cult status that I cannot really understand. Yes he was more or less the only one showing a desire to fight when we went donw, but it doesn't make him a good player. Then we have the nastyness, which he has more or less cut out the last years, but the tackles he made earlier were career ending tackles, something I think villa players should not be doing. I do have some sympathy for him though, especially after he was shipped out in the bomb squad and treated badly by the club. And as I said, his attitude seems to be good so I don't really want to criticize him, but I don't think he is a good player for us. Hope Bree gets a chance sooner than later and that Elmo plays until then. 

Great application but poor ability for a footballer in 2018. He's one of the few remaining full backs from an era where we used to stick CBs at RB for their physical height to combat long ball teams and defend set plays. 

Looking at the Premier League now there aren't many teams that are lumping the ball forward and the days of the old Stoke/Bolton/West Ham or whoever Allardyce/Pulis managed are over.

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is Hutton shit? No.

Is Hutton great? No. 

As ever, the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes. 

I think you could say that about a lot of our players.  Even some of those out on loan. 

The question is. How many players somewhere in between the two extreme will be good enough for promotion?

I don’t mind Hutton at RB but would prefer Elmo to play there. 

Not a great player, but a great profesional!  I think he thoroughly deserved his new one year deal.  He is a real credit to his profession.  I will miss his attitude, effort and loyalty when he leaves at the end of the season.  I think he has been an inspiration to our youngsters to!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â