Alan Hutton

Rich_D

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Rumour is that Hutton broke his nose during the Brentford game.....wonder if he will play Saturday?

I think it was less Hutton breaking his nose more those lovable scamps over at Brentford!

There was a moment directly after they scored their second where Maupay pulled Huttons head back by digging his fingers into his eyes.

He was in the wars!

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think it was less Hutton breaking his nose more those lovable scamps over at Brentford!

There was a moment directly after they scored their second where Maupay pulled Huttons head back by digging his fingers into his eyes.

He was in the wars!

Maupay really does deserve several very hard kicks in the nuts

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Fake news. He actually broke his leg in three places. However, he has declared himself fit for selection. 

I bet the Brazilian Cafu would have gone off too...

On 22/08/2018 at 21:46, Czechlad said:

No one is talking about it, but hutton has been poor defensively this season. I don't blame him at all on the 2nd Brentford goal, but he has been caught out of position on numerous occasions, and kills our attacks. 

Kills our attacks ? He starts a large percentage of them from the left through his driving forwards which drives the whole team forwards.

Adomah is having a bit of a mare so far and would say he is more responsible for giving away possession than Hutton in attacking play.

You see the difference between Taylor and Hutton at left back. One drives forwards 5 or more times per game beating his man and setting us up in attack, the other passes it aimlessly backwards any time he is near the half way line.

Positionally wise he is no worse than Taylor but every other aspect he is an improvement on him which is why he is preferred to him pretty much every game.

You can't have it both ways saying he gets caught out in defence but also complain he breaks down our attacks.

What do you expect?  If he's supporting upfield it is down to someone else to cover for him.

He still normally busts a nut trying to get back when an attack breaks down

• Like 2

Comparing Hutton to Taylor is silly because neither really play how a left back should. My point is we need to have better options for that spot over Hutton or Taylor. In our right back spot, we have Tuanzebe, RDL, and Elmo. We have the attacking options if we need it but for left back we don’t have that. 

Did a good job defensively again...he's not a left back. He kills any attacking momentum down that side.

He can't go down the outside and when he steps in it takes him an age to find a pass. Not good enough. Not for where we aspire to be.

Needs replacing and fast.

Edited by rodders0223

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Comparing Hutton to Taylor is silly because neither really play how a left back should. My point is we need to have better options for that spot over Hutton or Taylor. In our right back spot, we have Tuanzebe, RDL, and Elmo. We have the attacking options if we need it but for left back we don’t have that. 

Well they are the only two at our club to play left back so I don't really have anyone else I can compare Hutton to.

And whether we like it or not,  other teams are going to attack and beat our full backs at some point in a game. Hutton is more effective at stopping that than anyone else at our club in that position.

• 4 weeks later...

I shout it again. HUTTON HAS BEEN CRAP. 

I do not agree with Hutton being an automatic starter even if the other option is Taylor. Hutton continues to mess up the simplest things going forward. I don't expect him to be overlapping our wingers and whipping in crosses, but Hutton was struggling to make a forward pass against Rotherham. Any pressure on Hutton and he boots it. That is a huge problem. He also is having defensive lapses.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really hate this guys positioning.

Time and time again he stands and hugs his CB teammate leaving acres of space to their winger.

He does it every single game regardless if he's on the right or left.

I know he gets cut a lot of slack because he "gives 100%" but I can't believe he's still starting for us in 2018. He's not good going forward, he's not good defensively, he's not quick, he's awkward on the ball, and he has been for years now. For all the laughs about the amount of right backs we have at our disposal I can't accept that he's the best of them.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I know he gets cut a lot of slack because he "gives 100%" but I can't believe he's still starting for us in 2018. He's not good going forward, he's not good defensively, he's not quick, he's awkward on the ball, and he has been for years now. For all the laughs about the amount of right backs we have at our disposal I can't accept that he's the best of them.

Agree. I don’t think he will be Smiths RB once he has settled in.

Â