Alan Hutton

Rich_D

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not ashamed to admit it, I love Alan hutton 

Good for you brother. Shout it loud and proud.   We're not in the dark ages any longer, there is no shame in coming out with a bit of Hutts love. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Even being completely surrounded by beautiful nude ladies, willing me towards them, wouldn't have made me as happy as when Hutton scored that goal. 

I **** hated him for about 5 years too :lol:  

Same.

To be honest I still think he's shit, but you can't help but like him :) 

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is far from shit in my view....but you are entitled to your view.

but flaws in his game are not lost on me.

over a season i think his good bits far out weigh his not so good bits.

i love his attitude and his assertive approach , his runs are also very dangerous. He has better ball control than some give him credit for.

He has the odd blind spot in defence and allows the opposition to get behind him at times.

he is one of the few that seizes the initiative.

overall, i like him........but not perfect, no.

ps he clearly absolutely loves the club, despite his set backs , never said a derogatory word against us......top man in terms of character.

Shit was an exaggeration.

He's very limited, and could easily be upgraded. In fact I'd have Elmo ahead of him at RB for a start.

But he's committed, he gives it his all and he looks like he loves the club. I'll never fault someone for that.

• Like 1

Its fascinating how we all see things differently.

I would have Hutton ahead of Elmo.....but I apprectiate Elmo has a better cross in him.

Hutton is more direct for me, where Elmo's runs are more tentative and stop start.

I think Alan defends in general much better, with a better physical presence and stronger in the tackle.

Hutton wins a close call for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has the odd blind spot in defence and allows the opposition to get behind him at times

He has driven me mad at times with his positioning when defending at right back. Oddly, at left back he didn't seem to get drawn or drift out of position anything like as often. Hopefully that's a new understanding he brings back to the right side.

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

ps he clearly absolutely loves the club, despite his set backs , never said a derogatory word against us......top man in terms of character.

Calling it now, he's in meetings with Nas and Wes telling them the players he wants. He'll be player-coach in a few weeks, deciding tactics and picking the team, so the style of play is going to be like watching the finest elements of 1970's Brazil and Holland alloyed into an unstoppable and impregnable compound.

Bruce will be kept on in post for a while as titular manager, until Huttinho hangs up his boots and then he'll be paid off and the Scottish Guardiola will take over all duties. The only issue with that is that with Huttinho's fitness may mean it is ten years from now before he retires. Probably best they just pay Bruce off in January or then end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, privateer said:

He has driven me mad at times with his positioning when defending at right back. Oddly, at left back he didn't seem to get drawn or drift out of position anything like as often. Hopefully that's a new understanding he brings back to the right side.

Calling it now, he's in meetings with Nas and Wes telling them the players he wants. He'll be player-coach in a few weeks, deciding tactics and picking the team, so the style of play is going to be like watching the finest elements of 1970's Brazil and Holland alloyed into an unstoppable and impregnable compound.

Bruce will be kept on in post for a while as titular manager, until Huttinho hangs up his boots and then he'll be paid off and the Scottish Guardiola will take over all duties. The only issue with that is that with Huttinho's fitness may mean it is ten years from now before he retires. Probably best they just pay Bruce off in January or then end of the season.

The Prophecy

4 hours ago, privateer said:

me too.

That goal was the most heartwarming Villa goal since Gabby came off the bench to score the winner against Small Heath in 2017. 

You could tell how much it meant to him and you could tell how much it means for him to be playing for us after talk he might go in the off-season. He's a Villan through and through. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

That goal was the most heartwarming Villa goal since Gabby came off the bench to score the winner against Small Heath in 2017. 

You could tell how much it meant to him and you could tell how much it means for him to be playing for us after talk he might go in the off-season. He's a Villan through and through. 

Bruce should get set up the video review room and load this on a perpetual loop:

Then get Richards, McCormack and the other wastermen wheeled in and give them this:

giphy.gif

Arcane fact of the (last Mon)day.  When Alan Hutton scored against Hull on the opening day of the season, he became the first player since Mark Delaney to have to wait at least 4 seasons between scoring 2 goals.  In Delaney's case his only 2 goals were 6 seasons apart (99/00 - 05/06).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No one is talking about it, but hutton has been poor defensively this season. I don't blame him at all on the 2nd Brentford goal, but he has been caught out of position on numerous occasions, and kills our attacks. 

• Like 3

On 22/08/2018 at 23:46, Czechlad said:

No one is talking about it, but hutton has been poor defensively this season. I don't blame him at all on the 2nd Brentford goal, but he has been caught out of position on numerous occasions, and kills our attacks. 

Heresy! 

On 22/08/2018 at 23:46, Czechlad said:

Yeh, he has. But he's just not in the groove yet. 

Â