Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Perhaps breaking legs on colleges has made him hesitant in going into tackles and is effecting his game?

As for him not joining in attacks and playing on his heels,  could be both down to tactics and lack of confidence.

Anyway he's been largely poor to awful this season. Taylor has been as bad at LB as Hutton was at RB. 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did you think he was awful when he played for Swansea in the Premier League?

I didn't watch Swansea enough to notice to be honest.

I'm judging him in a Villa shirt. And he's been crap.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps breaking legs on colleges has made him hesitant in going into tackles and is effecting his game?

As for him not joining in attacks and playing on his heels,  could be both down to tactics and lack of confidence.

Anyway he's been largely poor to awful this season. Taylor has been as bad at LB as Hutton was at RB. 

I think you could be correct 

Even when we first bought him?

Pretty much.

I think he started off for us as a fairly solid defender who was terrible going forward. And since then even that solidness has disappeared.

The fact that he's lost his Left Back place to Alan Hutton, who is an average at best right back, speaks volumes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much.

I think he started off for us as a fairly solid defender who was terrible going forward. And since then even that solidness has disappeared.

The fact that he's lost his Left Back place to Alan Hutton, who is an average at best right back, speaks volumes.

Don’t write him off yet, he’s only 29, still got a good few years left, can still be a good player for us

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t write him off yet, he’s only 29, still got a good few years left, can still be a good player for us

with Hutton signed up for another year I doubt we'll see Taylor in the team very much at all. Thankfully.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

with Hutton signed up for another year I doubt we'll see Taylor in the team very much at all. Thankfully.

You think we’ll line up with Elmohamady at right back and Hutton at left back? Offers no balance

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think we’ll line up with Elmohamady at right back and Hutton at left back? Offers no balance

Hopefully we can get rid of Elmo's wages and even get a few pounds for him.

Might be Bree at RB

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Elmo is our best Right back and Hutton is our best Left Back. So yes.

I wouldn’t get rid of him, I thought he had a good season, Bree is the future

It's just that I doubt we can afford to retain this massive squad full of senior players around 30 y.o

Elmo, Taylor, Richards, Whelan, Jedi, (previously Hutton), Lansbury and so on are all on high Championship/low-ish PL contracts and not delivering to what we are paying them (IMO)

Players will have to be sold.

But he is a Bruce player and if Bruce stays I expect so will Elmo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

It's just that I doubt we can afford to retain this massive squad full of senior players around 30 y.o

Elmo, Taylor, Richards, Whelan, Jedi, (previously Hutton), Lansbury and so on are all on high Championship/low-ish PL contracts and not delivering to what we are paying them (IMO)

Players will have to be sold.

But he is a Bruce player and if Bruce stays I expect so will Elmo.

I thought Elmohamady had a good season but we’ve tried the experienced route and it didn’t quite go to plan, so maybe it is time for the kids. I doubt we have much money and Bruce has said numerous times in the press that he rates these kids as I do

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought Elmohamady had a good season but we’ve tried the experienced route and it didn’t quite go to plan, so maybe it is time for the kids. I doubt we have much money and Bruce has said numerous times in the press that he rates these kids as I do

I feel Elmohamady had a good season with Snodgrass in front of him, their understsnding and link up play lsst srsson was very good and when Snoddy was not in the team Elmo was not as effective.

I would say Elmo is more of a luxurious attacking wing back than a defensive one.

Hutton is a bit of an all round in this regard and knows how to land a crucial challenge at the right time too. He is solid on that left hand side and I would offload Taylor and use one of our own coming through in that regard.

Defenders I think we should part with :-

Richards, De Leat, Elphick, Taylor, Amavi (gone).

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I feel Elmohamady had a good season with Snodgrass in front of him, their understsnding and link up play lsst srsson was very good and when Snoddy was not in the team Elmo was not as effective.

I would say Elmo is more of a luxurious attacking wing back than a defensive one.

Hutton is a bit of an all round in this regard and knows how to land a crucial challenge at the right time too. He is solid on that left hand side and I would offload Taylor and use one of our own coming through in that regard.

Defenders I think we should part with :-

Richards, De Leat, Elphick, Taylor, Amavi (gone).

I think Elmohamady is solid defensively but not only that, he offers an attacking threat, he is a good crosser of the ball and can also fill in at right wing if needed. 

I think we should keep hold of Taylor, the rest can go

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Taylor is better than him and he’s left footed, so offers balance 

If Taylor was better than him then he'd be playing.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Taylor was better than him then he'd be playing.

Taylor should be better than him but he clearly isn't. His decline this season has been rapid. Hutton is a much better option and that speaks volumes of taylor's current form and ability. 

• Like 1

Â